- Lower leg and foot injuries in tennis and other racquet sports.Clin Sports Med. 1995; 14: 223-239
- Cellular and matrix response of ligament and tendon to mechanical injury.in: Leadbetter WB Buckwalter JA Gordon SI Sports-induced inflammation. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Chicago1989: 189-204
- Biology of soft tissue injuries.in: Browner BD Skeletal trauma—fractures, dislocations, ligamentous injuries. Saunders, Philadelphia1992: 77-94
- Pharmacological treatment of soft-tissue injuries.J Bone Joint Surg (Am). 1995; 77: 1902-1914
- Treatment of soft tissue injuries by pulsed electrical energy.BMJ. 1972; 2: 269-270
- Comparison of short-wave diathermy and pulsed electromagnetic energy in treatment of soft tissue injuries.Physiotherapy. 1974; 60: 309-310
- Pulsed high frequency energy.in: Its place in physiotherapy. 2nd ed. Physiotherapy. 70. 1984: 459-466
- Effect of pulsed electromagnetic energy (Diapulse) on experimental hematomas.Can Med Assoc J. 1969; 100: 251-254
- Effects of magnetic field on inflammation.Experientia. 1975; 31: 1411-1412
- The effect of alternating magnetic fields on experimental inflammation in the rat.Bioelectrochem Bioenerget. 1985; 14: 39-43
- Fundamental and practical aspects of therapeutic uses of pulsed electromagnetic fields (PEMFs).Crit Rev Biomed Engineer. 1989; 17: 451-529
- Effects of electromagnetic fields on the recovery of circulation in mature rabbit femoral heads [abstract].Trans Orthop Res Soc. 1987; 7: 313
- Endothelial cell response to pulsed electromagnetic fields: Stimulation of growth rate and angiogenesis in vitro.J Cell Physiol. 1988; 134: 37-46
- Pulsed and continuous shortwave therapy.Enraf Nonius Publisher, Rotterdam, The Netherlands1988
- Morphological, immunochemical and biochemical study of rabbit achilles tendon at various ages.J Bone Joint Surg (Am). 1980; 62A: 583-598
- Tendons and ligaments: a morphological and biochemical comparison.J Orthop Res. 1984; 1: 257-265
- SPSS for Windows.in: 2nd ed. Base System User's Guide. SPSS Inc, Chicago1994 (Version 6.0)
- Radiofrequency radiation alters the immune system: modulation of T-lymphocyte levels and cell-mediated immunocompetence by hyperthermic radiation.Radiat Res. 1979; 77: 34-46
- Acute inflammation.2nd ed. Churchill Livingstone, London1983
- Low level pulsed radiofrequency fields and the treatment of soft tissue injuries.Bioelectrochem Bioenerget. 1986; 16: 531-548
- The action of pulsed magnetic fields on cyclic AMP levels in cultured fibroblasts.Biochim Biophys Acta. 1986; 881: 46-53
☆Supported by a Mainline Research Grant of the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
☆☆This work was part of Mr. Lee's requirement for the degree of Master of Philosophy.
★No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the authors or upon any organization with which the authors are associated.