Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Epidemiology of back pain.in: Jayson MV The lumbar spine and back. Pittman Medical, Turnbridge Wells1980: 29-55
- Chronic pain: its social dimensions.Sage, Beverly Hills1983
- Scientific approach to the assessment and management of activity-related spinal disorders: a monograph for clinicians.Spine. 1987; : 22S-30S
- The challenge of pain.Basic Books, New York1982
- Transcutaneous nerve stimulation and pain.Liber Forlag, Lund1983
- Electrostimulation procedures: effects, presumed rationale, and possible mechanisms.in: Version 5 Edition. Advances in pain research and therapy. vol 5. Raven Press, New York1983: 495-534
- Increased cerebrospinal fluid levels of endorphins after electro-acupuncture.Acta Physiol Scand. 1977; 100: 382-384
- The influence of naloxone on analgesia produced by peripheral conditioning stimulation.Brain Res. 1979; 173: 295-301
- Comparison of transcutaneous electrical stimulation and acupuncture in the treatment of chronic pain.in: Bonica JJ Albe-Fessard DG Advances in pain research and therapy. Version 5 Edition. Proceedings of the First World Congress on Pain. vol 1. Raven Press, New York1976: 797-801
- Transcutaneous electrical stimulation in low back pain: a critical review.Acupunct Electrother Res. 1982; 7: 1-6
- Fifteen years of transcutaneous electrical stimulation for pain control.Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 1991; 56: 2-19
- Is TENS purely a placebo effect?.in: A controlled study on chronic low back pain. Version 5 Edition. Pain. 54. 1993: 99-106
- A controlled trial of transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) and exercise for chronic low back pain.N Engl J Med. 1990; 322: 1627-1633
- The effects of mu, delta, and kappa-opiod receptor antagonists on the pain threshold increase following muscle stimulation in the rat.Acta Physiol Scand. 1990; 140: 353-358
- Electrical stimulation of the gastrocnemius muscle in the spontaneously hypertensive rat increases the pain threshold: role of different serotonergic receptors.Acta Physiol Scand. 1990; 138: 125-131
- Vasodilation induced by transcutaneous nerve stimulation in peripheral ischemia.Eur Heart J. 1982; 3: 303-314
- The McGill Pain Questionnaire: major properties and scoring methods.Pain. 1975; 1: 277-289
- Pain: mechanism and measurement.in: Hart FD The treatment of chronic pain. FA Davis, Philadelphia1974: 24-53
- Experimental design in psychological research.Holt, Rhinehart and Winston, New York1972
- Design and analysis: a researcher's handbook. Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs (NJ)1973 Version 5 Edition.
- Statistical principles in experimental drugs.McGraw-Hill, New York1962
- Contrast analysis.Cambridge University Press, Cambridge1985
- Pain relief achieved by transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation and/or vibratory stimulation in a case of painful legs and moving toes.Pain. 1990; 42: 43-48
- Analgesic effects of vibration and transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation applied separately and simultaneously to patients with chronic pain.Can J Neurol Sci. 1991; 18: 113-119
- A prospective randomized three-week trial of spinal manipulation, massage and corset in the treatment of subacute low back pain.Spine. 1994; 19: 2571-2577
- Credibility of placebo transcutaneous nerve stimulation and acupuncture.Clin Rheumatol. 1985; 3: 151-153
☆Medical electronic equipment used to conduct this study were supplied by Vision Quest, Incorporated, Costa Mesa, CA.
☆☆The authors have chosen not to select a disclosure statement.