- Muscle stiffness, strength loss, swelling and soreness following exercise-induced injury in humans.J Physiol. 1993; 464: 183-196
- Mechanical factors in the initiation of eccentric contraction-induced injury in rat soleus muscle.J Physiol. 1993; 464: 457-475
- Rat skeletal muscle mitochondrial calcium concentration and injury from downhill walking.J Appl Physiol. 1990; 68: 1241-1251
- Late edema after muscular exercise.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1962; 43: 401-405
- Exercise-induced swelling of rat soleus muscle: interrelationship with intramuscular pressure.J Appl Physiol. 1990; 69: 67-73
- Intermittent pneumatic compression therapy.Crit Rev Phys Rehabil Med. 1992; 3: 219-237
- Elastic bandages and intermittent pneumatic compression for treatment of acute ankle sprains.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1990; 71: 380-383
- Initial management of acute ankle sprains with rapid pulsed pneumatic compression and cold.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 1982; 4: 39-43
- Use of intermittent compression and cold in the treatment of ankle sprains.Am J Sports Med. 1976; 4: 142-144
- Changes in posttraumatic ankle joint mobility, pain, and edema following intermittent pneumatic compression therapy.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1989; 70: 341-344
- Intermittent pneumatic compression therapy in posttraumatic lower limb edema: computed tomography and clinical measurements.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1991; 72: 667-670
- Mechanisms of Exercise-induced muscle fibre injury.Sports Med. 1991; 12: 184-207
- Using ultrasound 3D compound imaging to illustrate the effects of intermittent pneumatic compression treatment on swollen upper arm.Ultrason Imaging. 1993; 15 ([abstract]): 173
- Textbook of Medical Physiology. Saunders, Springfield, IL1991: 180-183 8th ed.
- Intermittent pneumatic compression for lymphoedema: a comparison of two treatment modes.in: Partsch H Progress in Lymphology-XI. Exerpta Medica, Philadelphia1988: 583-586
- The new pulsatile Ventipress intermittent compression system.in: Nishi M Uchino S Yabuki S Progress in Lymphology-XII. Elsevier Science Publishers, Amsterdam1990: 437-440
- Therapeutic alterations in the time course of strength recovery following exerciseinduced muscle injury.J Am Osteopath Assoc. 1992; 92 ([abstract]): 1284
- Skeletal muscle stiffness and pain following eccentric exercise of the elbow flexors.Pain. 1987; 30: 233-242
- An electromyographic study of elbow motion during postexercise muscle soreness.J Appl Physiol. 1985; 58: 1713-1718
This article is based on an abstract reported in Physical Therapy 1993;73:S27 and presented at the American Physical Therapy Association National Conference, Cincinnati, OH, June 1993.
No commercial party having a direct financial interest in the results of the research supporting this article has or will confer a benefit upon the authors or upon any organizations with which the authors are associated.