Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:ADL (activity of daily living), AIS (American Spinal Injury Association Impairment Scale), FIM (functional independence measure), HADS (Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale), IQR (interquartile range), SCI (spinal cord injury), SCIM (Spinal Cord Independence Measure), TSI (time since injury to rehabilitation admission)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Evaluation of the predictive validity of the Hessisch Oldendorf Risk of Falling Scale (HOSS).Clin Rehabil. 2022; 36: 133-142
- An examination of patient characteristics that contribute to falls in the inpatient traumatic brain injury rehabilitation setting.Disabil Rehabil. 2017; 39: 1864-1871
- Falls during inpatient rehabilitation in spinal cord injury, acquired brain injury, and neurologmusculoskeletal disease programs.Spinal Cord. 2020; 58: 334-340
- The association between the etiology of a spinal cord injury and time to mortality in the United States: a 44-year investigation.J Spinal Cord Med. 2019; 42: 444-452
- Experiences with and perspectives on goal setting in spinal cord injury rehabilitation: a systematic review of qualitative studies.Spinal Cord. 2020; 58: 949-958
- Imbalanced: the confusing circular nature of falls research and a possible antidote.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2017; 96: 55-59
- Falls after spinal cord injury: a systematic review and meta-analysis of incidence proportion and contributing factors.Spinal Cord. 2019; 57: 526-539
- Falls on an inpatient rehabilitation unit: risk assessment and prevention.Rehabil Nurs. 2012; 37: 56-61
- Predictors of falls in persons with spinal cord injury-a prospective study using the Downton fall risk index and a single question of previous falls.Spinal Cord. 2019; 57: 91-99
- Temporal patterns of in-hospital falls of elderly patients.Nurs Res. 2016; 65: 435-445
STROBE Strengthening the Reporting of Observational Studies in Epidemiology. Available at: https://www.equator-network.org/reporting-guidelines/strobe/. Accessed July 20, 2022.
- Goal setting in rehabilitation: an overview of what, why and how.Clin Rehabil. 2009; 23: 291-295
- The effect of the introduction of a case-mix-based funding model of rehabilitation for severe stroke: an Australian experience.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88: 827-832
- The structure and stability of the functional independence measure.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 75: 127-132
- Impact of psychological characteristics in self-management in individuals with traumatic spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2016; 54: 29-33
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
- SCIM – spinal cord independence measure: a new disability scale for patients with spinal cord lesions.Spinal Cord. 1997; 35: 850-856
- Prediction of falls in subjects suffering from Parkinson disease, multiple sclerosis, and stroke.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 641-651
(JCI, 2022) Joint Commission International. Available at: https://www.jointcommissioninternational.org/accreditation/. Accessed June 2022.
- R: a language and environment for statistical computing.R Foundation for Statistical Computing, Vienna, Austria2021 (Available at:)Accessed July 20, 2022)
Therneau T (2022). A Package for Survival Analysis in R. R package version 3.3-1. Available at: https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=survival. Accessed July 20, 2022.
- Transparent Reporting of a multivariable prediction model for Individual Prognosis or Diagnosis (TRIPOD): explanation and elaboration.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: W1-73
- Risk factors associated with falls and fall-related injuries among wheelchair users with spinal cord injury.Arch Rehabil Res Clin Transl. 2022; 4100195
- Functional assessments for predicting a risk of multiple falls in independent ambulatory patients with spinal cord injury.J Spinal Cord Med. 2015; 38: 439-445
- Walking-induced fatigue leads to increased falls risk in older adults.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2016; 17: 402-409
- An Italian survey of traumatic spinal cord injury. The Gruppo Italiano Studio Epidemiologico Mielolesioni study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2003; 84: 1266-1275
- Spinal cord injury in Italy: a multicenter retrospective study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 589-596
- Costs and length of stay for the acute care of patients with motor-complete spinal cord injury following cervical trauma: the impact of early transfer to specialized acute SCI center.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2017; 96: 449-456
- Early versus delayed inpatient spinal cord injury rehabilitation: an Italian study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 86: 512-516
- Depression, antidepressants, and falls among community-dwelling elderly people: the MOBILIZE Boston study.J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2013; 68: 1575-1581
- Efficient assessment of risk of fall.Rehabil Nurs. 2016; 41: 320-325
- Association between performance on an interdisciplinary stroke assessment battery and falls in patients with acute stroke in an inpatient rehabilitation facility: a retrospective cohort study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2019; 100: 2089-2095
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
No project funding to be acknowledged.