Main Outcome Measure(s)
List of abbreviations:AIS (American Spinal Cord Injury Association Impairment Scale), AM (ambulatory), AUC (area under the ROC curve), ID (independence), ModASST (moderate to maximum assistance), MoID (modified independence), MiniASST (minimal assistance), ROC (receiver operating characteristic), SCI (spinal cord injury), SCIM III (Spinal Cord Independence Measure (version III)), TA (bedridden or total assistance), WU (wheelchair users)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Spinal cord independence measure: comprehensive ability rating scale for the spinal cord lesion patient.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2007; 44: 65-67
- Using the spinal cord independence measure III to measure functional recovery in a post-acute spinal cord injury program.Spinal Cord. 2010; 48: 380-387
- Measurement characteristics and clinical utility of the spinal cord independence measure-III among individuals with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 97: 1601-1603
- The spinal cord independence measure (SCIM) version III: reliability and validity in a multi-center international study.Disabil Rehabil. 2007; 29: 1926-1933
- Reliability and discriminative ability of the spinal cord independence measure III (Thai version).Spinal Cord. 2016; 54: 213-220
- United States (US) multi-center study to assess the validity and reliability of the Spinal Cord Independence Measure (SCIM III).J Spinal Cord Med. 2001; 49: 880-885
- Expected spinal cord independence measure, third version, scores for various neurological levels after complete spinal cord lesions.Spinal Cord. 2011; 49: 893-896
- Reference values for standardized tests of walking speed and distance: a systematic review.Gait Posture. 2015; 41: 341-360
- Medical complications and falls in patients with spinal cord injury during the immediate phase after completing a rehabilitation program.Spinal Cord. 2015; 38: 84-90
- Locomotor training after human spinal cord injury: a series of case studies.Phys Ther. 2000; 80: 688-700
- Failures in dual-task obstacle crossing could predict risk of future fall in independent ambulatory individuals with spinal cord injury.Clin Rehabil. 2019; 33: 120-127
- Incidence and factors associated with falls in independent ambulatory individuals with spinal cord injury: a 6-month prospective study.Phys Ther. 2013; 93: 1061-1072
- Normative MR cervical spinal canal dimensions.Radiology. 2019; 271: 172-182
- Peak power output in handcycling of individuals with a chronic spinal cord injury: predictive modeling, validation and reference values.Disabil Rehabil. 2020; 42: 400-409
- Reference values for the cervical spinal canal and the vertebral bodies by MRI in a general population.PLoS One. 2019; 14e0222682
- Is admission to an SCI specialized rehabilitation facility associated with better functional outcomes? Analysis of data from the Thai Spinal Cord Injury Registry.Spinal Cord. 2019; 57: 684-691
- Reference for the 2011 revision of the International Standards for Neurological Classification of Spinal Cord Injury.J Spinal Cord Med. 2011; 34: 547-554
- Gait and Ambulation Subcommittee. Outcome measures for gait and ambulation in the spinal cord injury population.J Spinal Cord Med. 2008; 31: 487-499
- A systematic review of functional ambulation outcome measures in spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2008; 46: 246-254
- Validity and reliability of a performance evaluation tool based on the modified Barthel Index for stroke patients.BMC. 2017; 17: 131
- Somers MF Spinal cord injury: functional rehabilitation. 2nd ed. Prentice-Hall, United States of America2001
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Sugalya Amatachaya and Narongsak Khamnon contributed equally and should be considered co-first authors.
This study was supported by the Fundamental Fund (2022), National Research Council of Thailand (NRCT).