- •The 10-item version of the lower extremity functional scale had better internal structure than the long version of this instrument.
- •The 10-item version of the lower extremity functional scale had better internal structure than other reduced versions of this instrument already proposed in the literature.
- •The 10-item version of the lower extremity functional scale correlated properly with the long version of this instrument.
Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:AIC (Akaike information criterion), BIC (Bayesian information criterion), CFA (confirmatory factor analysis), CFI (comparative fit index), COSMIN (Consensus-based Standards for the selection of health Measurement Instruments), DF (degree of freedom), LEFS (lower extremity functional scale), RMSEA (root mean square error of approximation), SRMR (standardized root mean squared residual), TLI (Tucker-Lewis index)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The lower extremity functional scale (LEFS): scale development, measurement properties, and clinical application.Phys Ther. 1999; 79: 371-383
- Cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the simplified Chinese version of the Copenhagen neck function disability scale.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2021; 46: 1048-1053
- Construct and criterion validity of the Malaysia version of lower extremity functional scale (LEFS).Asia Pac J Sports Med Arthrosc Rehabil Technol. 2017; 10: 8-11
- Reliability and validity of the Finnish version of the lower extremity functional scale (LEFS).Disabil Rehabil. 2017; 39: 1228-1234
- Translation, cross-cultural adaptation and validation of the Turkish version of the lower extremity functional scale on patients with knee injuries.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2016; 136: 389-395
- Translation and cross-cultural adaptation of the lower extremity functional scale into a Brazilian Portuguese version and validation on patients with knee injuries.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2012; 42: 932-939
- Translation, cross-cultural adaptation and analysis of the psychometric properties of the lower extremity functional scale (LEFS): LEFS-Brazil.Braz J Phys Ther. 2013; 17: 272-280
- Measurement properties of the lower extremity functional scale: a systematic review.J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2016; 46: 200-216
- Content validity and measurement properties of the lower extremity functional scale in patients with fractures of the lower extremities: a systematic review.J Patient-Rep Outcomes. 2022; 6
- COSMIN guideline for systematic reviews of patient-reported outcome measures.Qual Life Res. 2018; 27: 1147-1157
- Psychometrics and psychological assessment principles and applications.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2017; : 45-66
- Rasch analysis of the Italian lower extremity functional scale: insights on dimensionality and suggestions for an improved 15-item version.Clin Rehabil. 2016; 31: 532-543
- Rasch validation of the Arabic version of the lower extremity functional scale.Disabil Rehabil. 2016; 40: 353-359
- Rasch analysis of the lower extremity functional scale for foot and ankle patients.Disabil Rehabil. 2018; 41: 2965-2971
- Validity of four pain intensity rating scales.Pain. 2011; 152: 2399-2404
- Confirmatory factor analysis with ordinal data: comparing robust maximum likelihood and diagonally weighted least squares.Behav Res Methods. 2016; 48: 936-949
- Structural equation modeling: reviewing the basics and moving forward.J Pers Assess. 2006; 87: 35-50
- Confirmatory factor analysis for applied research.Guilford Publications, New York2006
- Evaluating the fit of structural equation models: tests of significance and descriptive goodness-of-fit measures.MPR-online. 2003; 8: 23-74
- Brazilian version of the Neck Bournemouth Questionnaire does not have a well-defined internal structure in patients with chronic neck pain.Clin Rehabil. 2021; 026921552110240
- Less is more: five-item neck disability index to assess chronic neck pain patients in Brazil.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2021; 46: E688-E693
- Using the modification index and standardized expected parameter change for model modification.J Exp Educ. 2012; 80: 26-44
- Guidelines for the process of cross-cultural adaptation of self-report measures.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25: 3186-3191
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
This work was partially supported by Coordenação de Aperfeiçoamento de Pessoal de Nível Superior (CAPES), finance code 001.
Ethics approval and consent to participate: This study was approved by the Research Ethics Committee of the Universidade Federal do Maranhão (report number: 4.284.236).