Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:5TSTS (5 Times Sit to Stand), ABC (Activities-Specific Balance Confidence), CONS (constant context group), NC (novel context), OC (original practice context), PD (Parkinson disease), TUG (Timed Up and Go), VARI (varied context group)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Context-dependent learning in people with Parkinson's disease.J Mot Behav. 2016; 48: 240-248
- The effect of a home physiotherapy program for persons with Parkinson's disease.J Rehabil Med. 2001; 33: 266-272
- Context-dependent behavior in Parkinson's disease with freezing of gait.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2019; 33: 1040-1049
- Effects of varied and constant environmental contexts on acquisition and retention.J Exp Psychol Learn Mem Cogn. 2014; 40: 1582-1593
- Motor control and learning: a behavioral emphasis.6th ed. Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL2019
- A comparison of two techniques for reducing context-dependent forgetting.Mem Cognit. 1984; 12: 477-482
- Enhancement of recall using multiple environmental contexts during learning.Mem Cognit. 1982; 10: 405-412
- A novel conceptual framework for balance training in Parkinson's disease-study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.BMC Neurol. 2012; 12: 111
- Multi-dimensional balance training programme improves balance and gait performance in people with Parkinson's disease: a pragmatic randomized controlled trial with 12-month follow-up.Parkinsonism Relat Disord. 2015; 21: 615-621
- Evidence for motor skill learning in Parkinson's disease.(editor)in: Piek JP Motor behavior and human skill: a multidisciplinary approach. Human Kinetics, Champaign, IL1998: 329-343
- Contextual interference can facilitate motor learning in older adults and in individuals with Parkinson's disease.J Mot Behav. 2016; 48: 509-518
- Parkinsonism: onset, progression and mortality.Neurology. 1967; 17: 427-442
- Classification of advanced stages of Parkinson's disease: translation into stratified treatments.J Neural Transm (Vienna). 2017; 124: 1015-1027
- The effect of exercise training in improving motor performance and corticomotor excitability in people with early Parkinson's disease.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1221-1229
- Gait assessment in Parkinson's disease: toward an ambulatory system for long-term monitoring.IEEE Trans Biomed Eng. 2004; 51: 1434-1443
- Reliability of using foot-worn devices to measure gait parameters in people with Parkinson's disease.NeuroRehabilitation. 2021; 49: 57-64
- Movement Disorder Society–sponsored revision of the Unified Parkinson's Disease Rating Scale (MDS-UPDRS): scale presentation and clinimetric testing results.Mov Disord. 2008; 23: 2129-2170
- The MoCA: well-suited screen for cognitive impairment in Parkinson disease.Neurology. 2010; 75: 1717-1725
- Measurement instruments to assess posture, gait, and balance in Parkinson's disease: critique and recommendations.Mov Disord. 2016; 31: 1342-1355
- Five times sit-to-stand test performance in Parkinson's disease.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 92: 1431-1436
- PDQ-39: a review of the development, validation and application of a Parkinson's disease quality of life questionnaire and its associated measures.J Neurol. 1998; 245 (Suppl): S10-S14
- Foundations of clinical research: applications to practice. 3rd ed. Upper Saddle River: Pearson Education, New Jersey2009
- Defining the clinically meaningful difference in gait speed in persons with Parkinson disease.J Neurol Phys Ther. 2014; 38: 233-238
- Stride length regulation in Parkinson's disease. Normalization strategies and underlying mechanisms.Brain. 1996; 119 (Pt): 551-568
- The crutch of context-dependency: effects of contextual support and constancy on acquisition and retention.Memory. 2016; 24: 1134-1141
- Effects of treadmill training on the balance, functional capacity and quality of life in Parkinson’s disease: a randomized clinical trial.J Complement Integr Med. 2019; 17 (/j/jcim.2019.17.issue-1/jcim-2018-0245/jcim-2018-0245.xml)
- Treadmill training for patients with Parkinson disease. An abridged version of a Cochrane Review.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2016; 52: 704-713
- Physiotherapy for Parkinson's disease: a comparison of techniques.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; CD002815
This study was conducted at School and Graduate Institute of Physical Therapy, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University. The Institutional Review Board of National Taiwan University Hospital approved the study protocol.
This work was supported by the Ministry of Science and Technology of Taiwan (MOST 106-2314-B-002-044-MY3, MOST 109-2314-B-002-128-, and MOST 110-2314-B-002-048-MY3).
Clinical trial registration: NCT03368443 (ClinicalTrials.gov).