Main Outcome Measure(s)
List of abbreviations:CSA (cross-sectional area), CTS (carpal tunnel syndrome), D5W (5% dextrose), MNCV (motor nerve conduction velocity), Quick-DASH (short form of Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand questionnaire), SNCV (sensory nerve conduction velocity), UNE (ulnar neuropathy at the elbow), US (ultrasonography), VAS (Visual Analog Scale)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Incidence of ulnar neuropathy at the elbow in the province of Siena (Italy).J Neurol Sci. 2005; 234: 5-10
- Cubital tunnel syndrome.J Hand Surg. 2010; 35: 153-163
- Changes in interstitial pressure and cross-sectional area of the cubital tunnel and of the ulnar nerve with flexion of the elbow. An experimental study in human cadavera.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1998; 80: 492-501
- Practice parameter for electrodiagnostic studies in ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: summary statement. American Association of Electrodiagnostic Medicine, American Academy of Neurology, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.Muscle Nerve. 1999; 22: 408-411
- Ulnar nerve cross-sectional area for the diagnosis of cubital tunnel syndrome: a meta-analysis of ultrasonographic measurements.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 743-757
- Treatment for ulnar neuropathy at the elbow.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2016; 11CD006839
- Diagnosis and treatment of work-related ulnar neuropathy at the elbow.Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am. 2015; 26: 513-522
- Perineural dextrose injections in the treatment of lower urinary tract symptoms and dyspareunia induced by obturator neuralgia.Med Hypotheses. 2020; 144109991
- Ultrasound-guided perineural injection with dextrose for treatment of radial nerve palsy: a case report.Medicine (Baltimore). 2018; 97: e10978
- Six-month efficacy of perineural dextrose for carpal tunnel syndrome: a prospective, randomized, double-blind, controlled trial.Mayo Clin Proc. 2017; 92: 1179-1189
- Randomized double-blinded clinical trial of 5% dextrose versus triamcinolone injection for carpal tunnel syndrome patients.Ann Neurol. 2018; 84: 601-610
- Perineural dextrose and corticosteroid injections for ulnar neuropathy at the elbow: a randomized double-blind trial.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2020; 101: 1296-1303
- Are extramedian symptoms associated with peripheral causes in patient with carpal tunnel syndrome? Electrodiagnostic and ultrasonographic study.J Electromyogr Kinesiol. 2018; 38: 203-207
- Development of the QuickDASH: comparison of three item-reduction approaches.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87: 1038-1046
- Adaptation of Turkish version of the questionnaire Quick Disability of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand (Quick DASH) in patients with carpal tunnel syndrome.Clin Rheumatol. 2011; 30: 185-191
- Movement of the ulnar nerve at the elbow: a sonographic study.J Ultrasound Med. 2013; 32: 1747-1752
- Effects of hypertonic dextrose injections in the rabbit carpal tunnel.J Orthop Res. 2011; 29: 1022-1027
- Topical mannitol reduces capsaicin-induced pain: results of a pilot-level, double-blind, randomized controlled trial.PM R. 2015; 7: 1111-1117
- Acute hyperglycemia and hyperinsulinemia enhance adrenergic vasoconstriction and decrease calcitonin gene-related peptide-containing nerve-mediated vasodilation in pithed rats.Hypertens Res. 2008; 31: 1033-1044
- Ultrasound-guided nerve hydrodissection for pain management: rationale, methods, current literature, and theoretical mechanisms.J Pain Res. 2020; 13: 1957-1968
- Activation of C fibers by metabolic perturbations associated with tourniquet ischemia.Anesthesiology. 1992; 76: 617-623
- Fibromyalgia and overlapping disorders: the unifying concept of central sensitivity syndromes.Semin Arthritis Rheum. 2007; 36: 339-356
- Dextrose prolotherapy versus lidocaine injection for temporomandibular dysfunction: a pragmatic randomized controlled trial.J Altern Complement Med. 2020; 26: 1064-1073
- Ultrasound-guided dextrose injection treatment for chronic myofascial pain syndrome: a retrospective case series.J Chin Med Assoc. 2020; 83: 876-879
- Long-term outcome after perineural injection with 5% dextrose for carpal tunnel syndrome: a retrospective follow-up study.Rheumatology (Oxford). 2021; 60: 881-887
This research did not receive any specific grant from funding agencies in the public, commercial, or not-for-profit sectors.
Clinical Trials Registry Number: NCT03737916.
Written and verbal informed consent was obtained from each patient.