List of abbreviations:ACRM (American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine), COSMIN (Consensus-Based Standards for the Selection of Health Measurement Instruments), CTT (classical test theory), EQUATOR (Enhancing the Quality and Transparency of Health Research), IRT (item response theory), M-ISIG (Measurement Interdisciplinary Special Interest Group), RM (Rasch Measurement), RULER (Rasch Reporting Guideline for Rehabilitation Research)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- A scientometric review of Rasch measurement: the rise and progress of a specialty.Front Psychol. 2019; 10: 2197
- Rating scales and Rasch measurement.Pharmacoecon Outcomes Res. 2011; 11 (Expert Rev): 571-585
- Applying the Rasch model: fundamental measurement in the human sciences.Taylor & Francis, Mahwax, NJ2001
- A course in Rasch Measurement Theory: measuring in the educational, social and health sciences.Springer, New York2019
Wright BD, Stone MH. ACEReSearch. Best test design. Available at: https://research.acer.edu.au/measurement/1/. Accessed June 18, 2020.
- Constructing measures: an item response modeling approach.Routledge, MahWah, NJ2004
- Applying the Rasch model: fundamental measurement in the human sciences.Routledge, New York2020
Campbell G. Consult QD. From floor to SNF with 6 clicks. Available at: https://consultqd.clevelandclinic.org/from-floor-to-snf-with-6-clicks/. Accessed July 23, 2020.
Campbell G. Consult QD. From hospital to inpatient rehabilitation with 6 Clicks. Available at: https://consultqd.clevelandclinic.org/from-hospital-to-inpatient-rehabilitation-with-6-clicks/. Accessed July 23, 2020.
- The Six-Clicks Mobility Measure: a useful tool for predicting discharge disposition.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2020; 101: 1199-1203
- Activity outcome measurement for postacute care.Med Care. 2004; 42: I49-I61
- Matching task difficulty to patient ability during task practice improves upper extremity motor skill after stroke: a proof-of-concept study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 97: 1863-1871
- Keyform analysis of Rasch measurement accessible to clinicians in rehabilitation clinics.Phys Ther Korea. 2014; 21: 74-81
- Utilizing AMPS ability measures to predict level of community dependence.Scand J Occup Ther. 2010; 17: 70-76
- Validity of using the assessment of motor and process skills to determine the need for assistance.Am J Occup Ther. 2011; 65: 643-650
Rasch G. An individual-centered approach to item analysis with two categories of answers. In: Psychological measurement theory, proceedings of the NUFFIC international summer session in science at “Het oude Hof.” Accessed July 2020. https://www.rasch.org/memo19642.pdf.
- Rasch models for measurement. London.Sage, Newbury Park, CA1988
- Comprehensive ADL outcome measurement after stroke: Rasch validation of the Lucerne ICF-Based Multidisciplinary Observation Scale (LIMOS).Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2019; 100: 2314-2323
- Standards for educational and psychological testing.American Educational Research Association, WashingtonDC2014
- Validity of psychological assessment: validation of inferences from persons’ responses and performances as scientific inquiry into score meaning.Am Psychol. 1995; 50: 741-749
Smith RM, Linacre JM, Smith EV Jr. Journal of Applied Measurement. Guidelines for manuscripts. Available at: http://jampress.org/guidelines.htm. Accessed July 9, 2020.
Journal of Rehabilitation Medicine. Guidelines for reporting studies using Rasch analysis. Available at: https://www.medicaljournals.se/jrm/guidelines-for-reporting-studies-using-rasch-analysis. Accessed July 9, 2020.
- The Rasch Measurement model in rheumatology: what is it and why use it? When should it be applied, and what should one look for in a Rasch paper?.Arthritis Rheum. 2007; 57: 1358-1362
COSMIN. Improving the selection of outcome measurement instruments. Available at: https://www.cosmin.nl/. Accessed July 9, 2020.
- COSMIN Risk of Bias checklist for systematic reviews of patient-reported outcome measures.Qual Life Res. 2018; 27: 1171-1179
- COSMIN guideline for systematic reviews of patient-reported outcome measures.Qual Life Res. 2018; 27: 1147-1157
- COSMIN methodology for evaluating the content validity of patient-reported outcome measures: a Delphi study.Qual Life Res. 2018; 27: 1159-1170
- Guidelines for Reporting Reliability and Agreement Studies (GRRAS) were proposed.Int J Nurs Stud. 2011; 48: 661-671
Equator Network. Reporting guidelines under development for observational studies. Available at: https://www.equator-network.org/library/reporting-guidelines-under-development/reporting-guidelines-under-development-for-observational-studies/. Accessed July 23, 2020.
American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine. Rasch Reporting Guidelines Task Force. Available at: https://acrm.org/acrm-communities/measurement/mng-task-forces/rasch-reporting-guidelines-task-force. Accessed July 23, 2020.
- Guidance for developers of health research reporting guidelines.PLoS Med. 2010; 7e1000217
Equator Network. Writing up and publishing your reporting guideline. Available at: https://www.equator-network.org/toolkits/developing-a-reporting-guideline/writing-up-and-publishing-your-reporting-guideline/. Accessed May 27, 2021.
- Transparent reporting of a multivariable prediction model for individual prognosis or diagnosis (TRIPOD): explanation and elaboration.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 162: W1-73
Earlier versions of this material have been presented to the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Conference (ACRM) on November 7, 2019, in Chicago, Illinois, USA; and the International Outcome Measurement Conference (IOMC) on November 3, 2019, in Chicago, Illinois, USA.
Dr Mallinson and Ms Weaver report funding from the US Department of Defense under grant JW150040 (Dr Theresa Bender-Pape, PI).