List of abbreviations:MS (multiple sclerosis), NMSS (National Multiple Sclerosis Society), UW MS Center (UW Medicine Multiple Sclerosis Center)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Person-centred rehabilitation: what exactly does it mean? Protocol for a scoping review with thematic analysis towards framing the concept and practice of person-centred rehabilitation.BMJ Open. 2016; 6e011959
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute. Patient-centered outcomes research. Available at:https://www.pcori.org/research-results/about-our-research/patient-centered-outcomes-research. Accessed November 18, 2020.
- Health services research in rehabilitation and disability—the time is now.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 198-203
- Disability as diversity: developing cultural competence.Oxford University Press, New York2020
- Clinical research, patient care, and learning that is real-time and continuous.Patients charting the course: citizen engagement and the learning health system: workshop summary. National Academies Press, Washington (DC)2011
- Facilitating access to health research through a participatory research register: a feasibility study in outpatient clinics.Pilot Feasibility Stud. 2018; 4: 6
- Increasing access to clinical research using an innovative mobile recruitment approach: the (MoRe) concept.Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2020; 19100623
- Patient-centered recruitment and retention for a randomized controlled study.Trials. 2018; 19: 205
- Making research accessible to participants with disabilities.J Multicult Couns Devel. 2004; 32: 332-343
- A Patient-centered approach to care and research in chronic disease.Am J Med Sci. 2019; 357: 85-86
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute. Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute homepage. Available at: https://www.pcori.org/. Accessed November 18, 2020.
- Advisory panel on patient engagement (2013 inaugural panel). The PCORI engagement rubric: promising practices for partnering in research.Ann Fam Med. 2017; 15: 165-170
- Improving the quality of depression and pain care in multiple sclerosis using collaborative care: The MS-care trial protocol.Contemp Clin Trials. 2018; 64: 219-229
- A randomized pragmatic trial of telephone-delivered cognitive behavioral-therapy, modafinil, and combination therapy of both for fatigue in multiple sclerosis: the design of the “COMBO-MS” trial.Contemp Clin Trials. 2019; 84105821
- Efficacy of a telephone-delivered self-management intervention for persons with multiple sclerosis: a randomized controlled trial with a one-year follow-up.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015; 96: 1945-1958
- Promoting resilience in individuals aging with multiple sclerosis: results from a pilot randomized controlled trial.Rehabil Psychol. 2018; 63: 336-348
- Bouncing back again, and again: a qualitative study of resilience in people with multiple sclerosis.Disabil Rehabil. 2017; 39: 14-22
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy for chronic pain in multiple sclerosis: a randomized controlled trial protocol.Trials. 2019; 20: 1-12
- Factors associated with clinical trials that fail and opportunities for improving the likelihood of success: a review.Contemp Clin Trials Commun. 2018; 11: 56-164
- The values and value of patient-centered care.Ann Fam Med. 2011; 9: 100-103
United States National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research. The Belmont Report: ethical principles and guidelines for the protection of human subjects of research. Bethesda, MD: National Commission for the Protection of Human Subjects of Biomedical and Behavioral Research; 1979. p 10.
- Patient advisory groups in practice improvement: sample case presentation with a discussion of best practices.J Ambul Care Manage. 2009; 32: 328-332
Supported in part by the Nancy and Buster Alvord Endowed Professorship in Multiple Sclerosis Research held by Dawn M. Ehde, PhD. We have no conflicts of interest to report.