List of abbreviations:EBP (evidence-based practice), KT (knowledge translation), PM&R (physical medicine and rehabilitation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The answer is 17 years, what is the question: understanding time lags in translational research.J R Soc Med. 2011; 104: 510-520
- A systematic review of interventions to increase the use of standardized outcome measures by rehabilitation professionals.Clin Rehabil. 2017; 31: 299-309
- Translating knowledge in rehabilitation: systematic review.Phys Ther. 2015; 95: 663-677
- Knowledge translation in health care: moving from evidence to practice.2nd ed. BMJ Books, West Sussex, UK2013
- A strategic initiative to facilitate knowledge translation research in rehabilitation.BMC Health Serv Res. 2020; 20: 973
- Knowledge translation in physical medicine and rehabilitation: a citation analysis of the Knowledge-to-Action literature.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2021 Feb 6; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Implementation of high-intensity stepping training during inpatient stroke rehabilitation improves functional outcomes.Stroke. 2020; 51: 563-570
- Development, implementation, and use of a process to promote knowledge translation in rehabilitation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 82-90
- Applying the Knowledge-to-Action Framework to implement gait and balance assessments in inpatient stroke rehabilitation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2020 Nov 27; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Feasibility of focused stepping practice during inpatient rehabilitation poststroke and potential contributions to mobility outcomes.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2015; 29: 923-932
- Entrenched practices and other biases": unpacking the historical, economic, professional, and social resistance to de-implementation.Implement Sci. 2015; 10: 24
- Leg-ulcer care in the community, before and after implementation of an evidence-based service.CMAJ. 2005; 172: 1447-1452
- Facilitated interprofessional implementation of a physical rehabilitation guideline for stroke in inpatient settings: process evaluation of a cluster randomized trial.Implement Sci. 2017; 12: 100
- Engaging stakeholders in rehabilitation research: a scoping review of strategies used in partnerships and evaluation of impacts.Disabil Rehabil. 2015; 37: 1390-1400
Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Knowledge user engagement. Available at: https://cihr-irsc.gc.ca/e/49505.html. Accessed February 11, 2021.
- Core intervention components: identifying and operationalizing what makes programs work.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2013
- A review and synthesis of frameworks for engagement in health research to identify concepts of knowledge user engagement.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2019; 19: 211
- Aligning leadership across systems and organizations to develop a strategic climate for evidence-based practice implementation.Annu Rev Public Health. 2014; 35: 255-274
- Managerial leadership for research use in nursing and allied health care professions: a systematic review.Implement Sci. 2018; 13: 127
- Translating research into action: an international study of the role of research funders.Health Res Policy Syst. 2018; 16: 44
- Defining integrated knowledge translation and moving forward: a response to recent commentaries.Int J Health Policy Manag. 2017; 6: 299-300
- Integrated knowledge translation: digging deeper, moving forward.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2017; 71: 619-623
- Moving knowledge into action for more effective practice, programmes and policy: protocol for a research programme on integrated knowledge translation.Implement Sci. 2018; 13: 22
- A core set of outcome measures for adults with neurologic conditions undergoing rehabilitation: a clinical practice guideline.J Neurol Phys Ther. 2018; 42: 174-220
- Role domains of knowledge brokering: a model for the health care setting.J Neurol Phys Ther. 2016; 40: 115-123
- Facilitation as a role and process in achieving evidence-based practice in nursing: a focused review of concept and meaning.Worldviews Evid Based Nurs. 2010; 7: 76-89
- Promoting physical therapists' use of research evidence to inform clinical practice: part 1–theoretical foundation, evidence, and description of the PEAK program.BMC Med Educ. 2014; 14: 125
- Interventions for increasing the use of shared decision making by healthcare professionals.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2018; 7CD006732
- Engagement in rehabilitation therapy and functional outcomes among individuals with acquired brain injuries.Disabil Rehabil. 2021; 43: 33-41
Supported by a grant from the Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (grant no. 90RT5027), the Southeastern Norway Regional Center for Knowledge Translation in Rehabilitation, and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research Foundation grant recipient (Ian Graham, FDN #143237).
Disclosures: JLM is the founder of the Institute for Knowledge Translation.
This paper is part of a supplement from the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine.