Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:EET (Emotion Evaluation Test), PTA (posttraumatic amnesia), SI-E (Social Inference-Enriched), SI-M (Social Inference-Minimal), STAI (State Trait Anxiety Inventory), TASIT (The Awareness of Social Inferencing Test), TBI (traumatic brain injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- TASIT: a new clinical tool for assessing social perception after traumatic brain injury.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2003; 18: 219-238
- How children tell a lie from a joke: the role of second order mental state attributions.B J Dev Psychol. 1995; 13: 191-204
- Meta-analysis of facial affect recognition difficulties after traumatic brain injury.Neuropsychology. 2011; 25: 277-285
- Impairments in social cognition following severe traumatic brain injury.J Int Neuropsychol Soc. 2013; 19: 231-246
- Social perception deficits after traumatic brain injury: Interaction between emotion recognition, mentalizing ability, and social communication.Neuropsychology. 2004; 18: 572-579
- Emotion perception after moderate-severe traumatic brain injury: the valence effect and the role of working memory, processing speed, and nonverbal reasoning.Neuropsychology. 2015; 29: 509-521
- Impairment in the recognition of emotion across different media following traumatic brain injury.J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 2010; 32: 113-122
- Relationship between social cognition and social behaviour following traumatic brain injury.Brain Inj. 2019; 33: 62-68
- Sex differences in emotion recognition and emotional inferencing following severe traumatic brain injury.Brain Impair. 2017; 18: 36-48
- Sex-based differences in affective and cognitive empathy following severe traumatic brain injury.Neuropsychology. 2018; 32: 554-563
- Conversation-based assessment of social cognition in adults with traumatic brain injury.Brain Inj. 2008; 22: 397-409
- The female advantage: sex as a possible protective factor against emotion recognition impairment following traumatic brain injury.Cogn Affect Behav Neurosci. 2016; 16: 866-875
- Impaired theory of mind in adults with traumatic brain injury: a replication and extension of findings.Neuropsychologia. 2018; 111: 117-122
- Gender differences in judgments of multiple emotions from facial expressions.Emotion. 2004; 4: 201-206
- Assessment of perception of morphed facial expressions using the Emotion Recognition Task: normative data from healthy participants aged 8-75.J Neuropsychol. 2014; 8: 75-93
- Reduced emotion processing efficiency in healthy males relative to females.Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci. 2014; 9: 316-325
- Sex and gender differences in emotion recognition and theory of mind after TBI: a narrative review and directions for future research.Front Neurol. 2020; 11: 59
- Sex-based differences in expectations for social communication after TBI.Brain Inj. 2020; 34: 1756-1762
- Negative attribution bias and related risk factors after brain injury.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2021; 36: E61-E70
- Discourse comprehension test.Communication Skill Builders, Tucson, AZ1993: 105-108
- The Mayo Classification System for Traumatic Brain Injury Severity.J Neurotrauma. 2007; 24: 1417-1424
- Theory of mind after traumatic brain injury.Neuropsychologia. 2005; 43: 99-114
- The ecological validity of TASIT: a test of social perception.Neuropsychol Rehabil. 2004; 14: 285-302
- Differential impairment in recognition of emotion across different media in people with severe traumatic brain injury.J Int Neuropsychol Soc. 2005; 11: 392-399
- Reliability and validity of The Awareness of Social Inference Test (TASIT): a clinical test of social perception.Disabil Rehabil. 2006; 28: 1529-1542
- Studies of interference in serial verbal reactions.J Exp Psychol. 1935; 18: 643
Golden CJ. Stroop color and word test: a manual for clinical and experimental uses. Chicago: Stoelting; 1978.
- Controlled oral word association (word fluency).in: Spreen O Strauss E A compendium of neuropsychological tests. Oxford University Press, Oxford1991: 219-227
- Manual for the State-Trait Anxiety Inventory.Consulting Psychologists Press, Palo Alto, CA1970
Spielberger CD, Reheiser EC, Ritterband LM, Sydeman SJ, Unger KK. Assessment of emotional states and personality traits: measuring psychological vital signs. In: Butcher JN, ed. Clinical personality assessment: practical approaches. New York: Oxford University Press; 1995. p 42--58.
- The PHQ-9.J Gen Int Med. 2001; 16: 606-613
- Gender differences in executive functions following traumatic brain injury.Neuropsychol Rehabil. 2007; 17: 293-313
- Social cognition impairments in relation to general cognitive deficits, injury severity, and prefrontal lesions in traumatic brain injury patients.J Neurotrauma. 2012; 29: 101-111
- The relationship between facial affect recognition and cognitive functioning after traumatic brain injury.Brain Inj. 2013; 27: 1155-1161
- The awareness of social inference test: development of a shortened version for use in adults with acquired brain injury.Clini Neuropsychol. 2016; 30: 243-264
Related Presentation: Neumann, D, Mayfield R, Sander, A, Hammond F, Bhamidipalli S, Jang JH. Does social inferencing differ in men and women after TBI? American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia (Virtual), October 21-23, 2020; Related Published Abstract: Neumann D, Mayfield R, Sander A, Hammond F, Bhamidipalli S, Jang, JH. Does social inferencing differ in men and women after TBI? Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2020;101:E14.
Funded by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) Field Initiated Program, Grant number 90IF0095-02-00.