Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:DME (durable medical equipment), HCPCS (Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System), WC (wheelchair)
- Wheelchair appropriateness in patients with spinal cord injury: a Turkish experience.Spinal Cord. 2014; 52: 901-904
- Measure it: proper wheelchair fit is key to ensuring function while protecting skin integrity.Adv Skin Wound Care. 2014; 27: 561-572
- A randomized clinical trial of wheeled mobility for pressure injury prevention and better function.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2018; 66: 1752-1759
DiGiovine C, Rosen L, Berner T, Betz K, Roesler T, Schmeler M. RESNA position on the application of ultralight manual wheelchairs [position paper]. Available at:https://www.resna.org/Portals/0/Documents/Position%20Papers/UltraLightweightManualWheelchairs.pdf. Accessed July 10, 2020.
Dicianno BE, Lieberman J, Schmeler MR, et al. RESNA position on the application of tilt, recline, and elevating legrests for wheelchairs: 2015 current state of the literature [position paper]. Available at:https://www.resna.org/Portals/0/Documents/Position%20Papers/RESNA%20PP%20on%20Tilt%20Recline_2017.pdf. Accessed July 12, 2020.
Arledge S, Armstrong W, Babinec M, et al. RESNA wheelchair service provision guide [position paper]. Available at: https://www.resna.org/Portals/0/Documents/Position%20Papers/RESNAWheelchairServiceProvisionGuide.pdf. Accessed March 13, 2021.
- A preliminary model of wheelchair service delivery.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 90: 1030-1038
- Wheeled mobility (wheelchair) service delivery: scope of the evidence.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 156: 141-146
- Guidelines on the provision of manual wheelchairs in less resourced settings.2021 (Available at:)Accessed July 12)
- Medicare and complex rehabilitation technology: a 20-year review.Top Geriatr Rehabil. 2015; 31: 74-87
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Local coverage determination: manual wheelchair bases (L33788). Available at: http://go.cms.gov/2BPcCp3. Accessed June 10, 2020.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Local coverage determination (LCD): power mobility devices (L33789). Available at: http://go.cms.gov/2C77hFp. Accessed June 10, 2020.
- Telerehabilitation wheeled mobility and seating assessments compared with in person.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 91: 874-878
- Wheelchairs and seating: issues and practice.Technol Disabil. 1996; 5: 3-16
- The future of the provision process for mobility assistive technology: a survey of providers.Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol. 2019; 14: 338-345
- Establishing seating and wheeled mobility research priorities.Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol. 2007; 2: 169-172
- Client satisfaction survey of a wheelchair seating clinic.Phys Occup Ther Geriatr. 2000; 17: 55-65
- Trends in wheelchair seating in a dedicated seating department.Assist Technol, 2020 Jul 2 ([Epub ahead of print])
- Decision support using nonparametric tests.Springer, 2014
- 3: a flexible statistical power analysis program for the social, behavioral, and biomedical sciences.Behav Res Methods. 2007; 39: 175-191
- Discovering statistics using IBM SPSS Statistics.4th edition. SAGE Publications Ltd, 2013
Watanabe L. Justify it! K0005 manual chairs. Mobility management. Available at: https://mobilitymgmt.com/Articles/2014/01/01/K0005-Manual-Chairs.aspx. Accessed July 29, 2021.
Medicare Learning Network. Power mobility device face-to-face examination [MLN matters #SE1112]. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/outreach-and-education/medicare-learning-network-mln/mlnmattersarticles/downloads/dwnlds/se1112.pdf. Accessed July 12, 2021.
US Department of Health and Human Services. Who is eligible for Medicare? Available at: https://www.hhs.gov/answers/medicare-and-medicaid/who-is-elibible-for-medicare/index.html. Accessed March 28, 2020.
Medicaid.gov. Eligibility. Available at:https://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid/eligibility/index.html. Accessed July 16, 2020.
- Risk factors for development of new or worsened pressure ulcers among patients in inpatient rehabilitation facilities in the United States: data from the uniform data system for medical rehabilitation.PM R. 2015; : 599-612
- Disparities in wheelchair procurement by payer among people with spinal cord injury.PM R. 2014; 6: 412-417
Local coverage determination (LCD): wheelchair options/accessories (L33792). Available at: http://go.cms.gov/2nLXSig. Accessed June 10, 2020.
Publication stageIn Press Journal Pre-Proof
Presented to Western Michigan University as the corresponding author's dissertation defense on October 30, 2019, Kalamazoo, MI.