Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:AIS (acute ischemic stroke), AUC (area under the receiver operating characteristic curve), LASSO (least absolute shrinkage and selection operator), NIHSS (National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale), NPV (negative predicative value), PPV (positive predictive value), PUPPI (persistent upper extremity impairment), UE (upper extremity)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Does upper limb strength play a prominent role in health-related quality of life in stroke patients discharged from inpatient rehabilitation?.Top. Stroke Rehabil. 2020; 27: 525-533
- Predicting recovery potential for individual stroke patients increases rehabilitation efficiency.Stroke. 2017; 48: 1011-1019
- Biomarkers of stroke recovery: consensus-based core recommendations from the Stroke Recovery and Rehabilitation Roundtable.Int J Stroke. 2017; 12: 480-493
- Presence of finger extension and shoulder abduction within 72 hours after stroke predicts functional recovery.Stroke. 2010; 41: 745-750
- Arm subscore of motricity index to predict recovery of upper limb dexterity in patients with acute ischemic stroke.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2020; 99: 300-304
- Corticospinal tract injury estimated from acute stroke imaging predicts upper extremity motor recovery after stroke.Stroke. 2019; 50: 3569-3577
- A standardized approach to the Fugl-Meyer assessment and its implications for clinical trials.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2013; 27: 732-741
- Archived clinical research datasets.2020 (Available at:)https://www.ninds.nih.gov/Current-Research/Research-Funded-NINDS/Clinical-Research/Archived-Clinical-Research-Datasets(Accessed December 21)
- Tissue plasminogen activator for acute ichemic stroke.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1581-1588
- High-dose albumin treatment for acute ischaemic stroke (ALIAS) part 2: a randomised, double-blind, phase 3, placebo-controlled trial.Lancet Neurol. 2013; 12: 1049-1058
- Endovascular therapy after intravenous t-PA versus t-PA alone for stroke.N Engl J Med. 2013; 368: 893-903
- Thrombectomy for stroke at 6 to 16 hours with selection by perfusion imaging.N Engl J Med. 2018; 378: 708-718
- Prehospital use of magnesium sulfate as neuroprotection in acute stroke.N Engl J Med. 2015; 372: 528-536
- Covariate selection with group LASSO and doubly robust estimation of causal effects.Biometrics. 2018; 74: 8-17
- A review on variable selection in regression analysis.Econometrics. 2018; 6: 1-27
- Stochastic restricted LASSO-type estimator in the linear regression model.J Probab Stat. 2020; 2020e7352097
- Comparing the areas under two or more correlated receiver operating characteristic curves: a nonparametric approach.Biometrics. 1988; 44: 837-845
- Models containing age and NIHSS predict recovery of ambulation and upper limb function six months after stroke: an observational study.J Physiother. 2013; 59: 189-197
- Minimal clinically important difference for the Fugl-Meyer assessment of the upper extremity in convalescent stroke patients with moderate to severe hemiparesis.J Phys Ther Sci. 2019; 31: 917-921
- Poststroke rehabilitation.Stroke. 2006; 37: 1477-1482
- Inter-individual variability in the capacity for motor recovery after ischemic stroke.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2008; 22: 64-71
Presented as an oral abstract at the International Stroke Conference in 2021 (virtual).
Sources of Funding: NIH-NINDS K23NS105924. Swedish Research Council (2019-01757), Swedish Government, Swedish Heart and Lung Foundation, Region Skåne, Lund University, Skåne University Hospital, Sparbanksstiftelsen Färs och Frosta, Fremasons Lodge of Instruction Eos Lund. Australian-American Fulbright Commission. NIH/NICHD (K12HD093427). American Heart Association (AHA)-Bayer Discovery Grant (grant no. 17IBDG33700328), the AHA Cardiovascular Genome-Phenome Study (grant no. 15GPSPG23770000), NIH (grant no. R01-NS114045, R01-NS100178, and R01-NS105150), and the US Department of Veterans Affairs.
Dislcosures: Arne Lindgren receives personal fees from Bayer, Astra Zeneca, BMS Pfizer, and Portola outside this work. Steven C. Cramer serves as a consultant for AbbVie, Constant Therapeutics, MicroTransponder, Neurolutions, Regenera, SanBio, Stemedica, Fujifilm Toyama Chemical Co, Biogen, and TRCare. Bradford B. Worrall is the deputy editor for Neurology. Adam de Havenon receives research funding from AMAG and Regeneron. The other authors have nothing to disclose.