Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:AM-PAC (Activity Measure for Post-Acute Care), EHR (electronic health record), e-PROM (electronic patient-reported outcome measure), FAMCAT (Functional Assessment in Acute Care Multidimensional Computerized Adaptive Test), IRT (item response theory), MANOVA (multivariate analysis of variance), PAC (post-acute care), PROM (patient-reported outcome measure)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Utility of functional metrics assessed during acute care on hospital outcomes: a systematic review.PM R. 2019; 11: 522-532
- Computer-based testing of the Braden Scale for Predicting Pressure Sore Risk.Ostomy Wound Manage. 2005; 51 (4, 6 passim): 40-42
- Psychometric properties of the PROMIS Physical Function item bank in patients receiving physical therapy.PLoS One. 2018; 13e0192187
- AM-PAC “6-Clicks” functional assessment scores predict acute care hospital discharge destination.Phys Ther. 2014; 94: 1252-1261
- Does “6-Clicks” day 1 postoperative mobility score predict discharge disposition after total hip and knee arthroplasties?.J Arthroplasty. 2016; 31: 1916-1920
- Use of the activity measure for post-acute care “6 Clicks” Basic Mobility Inpatient Short Form and National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale to predict hospital discharge disposition after stroke.Phys Ther. 2020; 100: 1423-1433
- Relationship between clerical burden and characteristics of the electronic environment with physician burnout and professional satisfaction.Mayo Clin Proc. 2016; 91: 836-848
- Mode of administration does not cause bias in patient-reported outcome results: a meta-analysis.Qual Life Res. 2016; 25: 559-574
- Multimorbidity and functional limitations among adults 65 or older, NHANES 2005–2012.Prev Chronic Dis. 2016; 13160174
- Implementation and first results of a tablet-based assessment referring to patient-reported outcomes in an inpatient cancer care unit.Z Evid Fortbild Qual Gesundhwes. 2017; 121: 64-72
Cheville A. Design and methods to develop and validate the Functional Assessment in Acute Care Multidimensional Computerized Adaptive Test (FAMCAT) to improve delivery of function-directed care in hospitals. Arch Rehabil Res Clin Transl 2021;3:100112.
- Variable-length stopping rules for multidimensional computerized adaptive testing.Psychometrika. 2019; 84: 749-771
- Comparing individual means in the analysis of variance.Biometrics. 1949; 4: 99-114
- Recommendations on evidence needed to support measurement equivalence between electronic and paper-based patient-reported outcome (PRO) measures: ISPOR ePRO Good Research Practices Task Force report.Value Health. 2009; 12: 419-429
- Recommended methods for determining responsiveness and minimally important differences for patient-reported outcomes.J Clin Epidemiol. 2008; 61: 102-109
- Performance of an item response theory–based computer adaptive test in identifying functional decline.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: 1153-1160
- Construct validity in psychological tests.Psychol Bull. 1955; 52: 281-302
- Morbidity experiences and disability among Canadian women.BMC Womens Health. 2004; 4: S10
This research was supported by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institutes of Child Health and Human Development of the National Institutes of Health under Award Number R01HD079439 to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily reflect the official views of the National Institutes of Health.
This paper is part of a supplement from the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine.