Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), E (Education arm), ORS (outpatient rehabilitation services), T (Transportation Incentives arm), T&S (Transportation & Sessions Incentives arm)
- Years lived with disability (YLDs) for 1160 sequelae of 289 diseases and injuries 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010.Lancet. 2012; 380: 2163-2196
- Trends in stroke in Singapore 2008-2012.Ministry of Health, Singapore2013: 1-11
- Specialized stroke services: a meta-analysis comparing three models of care.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2007; 23: 194-202
- Outcome of subacute stroke rehabilitation.Stroke. 1998; 29: 779-784
- Strategic planning to reduce the burden of stroke among veterans: using simulation modeling to inform decision making.Stroke. 2014; 45: 2078-2084
- Estimating costs and benefits of stroke management: a population-based simulation model.J Oper Res Soc. 2020; 72: 2122-2134
- Effect of duration, participation rate, and supervision during community rehabilitation on functional outcomes in the first poststroke year in Singapore.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: 279-286
- Determinants of use of community-based long-term care services.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2014; 62: 1801-1803
- Post community hospital discharge rehabilitation attendance: self-perceived barriers and participation over time.Ann Acad Med Singap. 2014; : 43136-43144
- Financial incentive-based approaches for weight loss: a randomized trial.JAMA. 2008; 300: 2631-2637
- A randomized, controlled trial of financial incentives for smoking cessation.N Engl Med. 2009; 360: 699-709
- A test of financial incentives to improve warfarin adherence.BMC Health Serv Res. 2008; 8: 1-6
- Understanding medication compliance and persistence from an economics perspective.Value Health. 2008; 11: 600-610
- Learning models: an assessment of progress, challenges and new developments.Mark Sci. 2013; 32: 913-938
- When and why incentives (don't) work to modify behavior.J Econ Perspect. 2011; 25: 191-210
- Uncertainty and learning in pharmaceutical demand.Econometrica. 2005; 73: 1137-1173
- Elderly stroke rehabilitation: overcoming the complications and its associated challenges.Curr Gerontol Geriatr Res. 2018; 2018: 1-9
- Development of a new resilience scale: the Connor-Davidson Resilience Scale (CD-RISC).Depress Anxiety. 2003; 18: 76-82
Presented as an abstract (P227) to the American Heart Association, March 17-19, 2021, virtual.
Supported by the National Medical Research Council of Singapore under its Health Services Research Competitive Research Grant (grant no. NMRC/HSRG/0059/2016) .
Clinical Trial Registration No.: NCT03165630.
Disclosures: David Bruce Matchar reports grants from the National Medical Research Council of Singapore during the study. The other authors have nothing to disclose.