Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:FAMCAT (Functional Assessment in Acute Care Multidimensional Computerized Adaptive Test), IRT (item response theory)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Early identification of risk factors for mobility decline among hospitalized older patients.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2019; 98: 699-705
- Impact of a nurse-driven mobility protocol on functional decline in hospitalized older adults.J Nurs Care Qual. 2009; 24: 325-331
- The Hospital Elder Life Program: a model of care to prevent cognitive and functional decline in older hospitalized patients. Hospital Elder Life Program.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2000; 48: 1697-1706
- Low mobility during hospitalization and functional decline in older adults.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2011; 59: 266-273
- Reducing functional decline in hospitalized elderly.(editor)in: Hughes RG Patient safety and quality: an evidence-based handbook for nurses. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2008 (1–15)
- Development of a unique triage system for acute care physical therapy and occupational therapy services: an administrative case report.Phys Ther. 2010; 90: 1519-1529
- Improving the delivery of function-directed care during acute hospitalizations: methods to develop and validate the functional assessment in acute care multidimensional computerized adaptive test (FAMCAT).Arch Rehabil Res Clin Transl. 2021; 3100112
Wang C, David WJ, Su S, Suen KY, Cheville AL. Multidimensional computerized adaptive testing for efficient and precise assessment of applied cognition, daily activity, and mobility for hospitalized patients. Arch Phys Med Rehabil; in press.
- Adaptive measurement of change: a novel method to reduce respondent burden and detect significant individual-level change in patient-reported outcome measures.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2022; 103S43–52
- Optimizing function and physical activity in hospitalized older adults to prevent functional decline and falls.Clin Geriatr Med. 2019; 35: 237-251
- Activity outcome measurement for postacute care.Med Care. 2004; 42: I49-I61
- Prospective evaluation of the AM-PAC-CAT in outpatient rehabilitation settings.Phys Ther. 2007; 87: 385-398
- Interpreting physical and behavioral health scores from new work disability instruments.J Rehabil Med. 2015; 47: 394-402
- Interpreting rehabilitation outcome measurements.J Rehabil Med. 2007; 39: 585-590
- An exploratory analysis of functional staging using an item response theory approach.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008; 89: 1046
- Use of the Rasch IRT model in standard setting: an item mapping method.J Educ Meas. 2003; 40: 231-253
- Testing an adapted modified Delphi method: synthesizing multiple stakeholder ratings of health care service effectiveness.Health Promot Pract. 2016; 17: 217-225
- Using and reporting the Delphi method for selecting healthcare quality indicators: a systematic review.PloS One. 2011; 6: e20476
- Hospital-associated functional decline: the role of hospitalization processes beyond individual risk factors.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2015; 63: S55-S62
- Receiving early mobility during an intensive care unit admission is a predictor of improved outcomes in acute respiratory failure.Am J Med Sci. 2011; 341: 373-377
- A systematic review evaluating the role of nurses and processes for delivering early mobility interventions in the intensive care unit.Intensive Crit Care Nurs. 2018; 47: 30-38
Supported by the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development R01 grant (grant no. 5R01HD079439-03).
This paper is part of a supplement from the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine.