Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), MWC (manual wheelchair), PWC (power wheelchair), SCI (spinal cord injury), WLCG (wait list control group), WMT-Q (Wheelchair Maintenance Training Questionnaire)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Wheelchair repairs, breakdown, and adverse consequences for people with traumatic spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 90: 2034-2038
- Type and frequency of reported wheelchair repairs and related adverse consequences among people with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 97: 1753-1760
- Increases in wheelchair breakdowns, repairs, and adverse consequences for people with traumatic spinal cord injury.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 91: 463-469
- Differences between manufacturers in reported power wheelchair repairs and adverse consequences among people with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2014; 95: 597-603
- Type and frequency of wheelchair repairs and resulting adverse consequences among veteran wheelchair users.Disabil Rehabil. 2020 Aug 7; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Factors influencing incidence of wheelchair repairs and consequences among individuals with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2021 Apr 9; ([Epub ahead of print])
- RESNA wheelchair service provision guide.Rehabilitation Engineering & Assistive Technology Society of North America, Arlington2011
World Health Organization. World report on disability. Available at:http://www.who.int/disabilities/world_report/2011/report/en/. Accessed March 18, 2019.
- Wheelchair-related accidents: relationship with wheelchair-using behavior in active community wheelchair users.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 92: 892-898
- Fewer accidents and better maintenance with active wheelchair check-ups: a randomized controlled clinical trial.Clin Rehabil. 2004; 18: 631-639
- Development of a wheelchair maintenance training programme and questionnaire for clinicians and wheelchair users.Disabil Rehabil. 2017; 12: 843-851
- Development and efficacy of an online wheelchair maintenance training program for wheelchair personnel.Assist Technol. 2021; 33: 49-55
- Guidelines on the provision of wheelchairs in less resourced settings.2008 (Available at:)August 13, 2020)
- Final year students’ knowledge on basic manual wheelchair provision: the state of occupational therapy programs in Colombia.Occup Ther Int. 2020; 20203025456
- A description of manual wheelchair skills training curriculum in entry-to-practice occupational and physical therapy programs in Canada.Disabil Rehabil. 2015; 10: 401-406
- A description of manual wheelchair skills training: current practices in Canadian rehabilitation centers.Disabil Rehabil. 2015; 10: 393-400
- Effectiveness of group wheelchair skills training for people with spinal cord injury: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 97 (e3): 1777-1784
This work was supported by the Administration for Community Living (ACL) National Institute on Disability, Independent Living and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR) (grant no. 90DP0025) and the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) (grant no. K23HD096134).
Clinical Trial Registration No.: NCT01807728,