Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:AM-PAC (Activity Measure for Post-Acute Care), GRM (graded response model), IRT (item response theory), PROMIS (Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System), REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- NIH toolbox for assessment of neurological and behavioral function.Neurology. 2013; 80: S2-S6
- Late-life anxiety and cognitive impairment: a review.Am J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2008; 16: 790-803
- A review on cognitive impairments in depressive and anxiety disorders with a focus on young adults.J Affect Disord. 2008; 106: 1-27
- Relationship between sleep disturbance and depression, anxiety, and functioning in college students.Depress Anxiety. 2013; 30: 873-880
- Defining and measuring functional recovery from depression.CNS Drugs. 2010; 24: 267-284
- Cognitive tests to detect dementia: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA Intern Med. 2015; 175: 1450-1458
- Evaluating PROMIS(®) applied cognition items in a sample of older adults at risk for cognitive decline.Psychiatry Res. 2017; 247: 39-42
- Assessing cognitive impairment using PROMIS(®) applied cognition-abilities scales in a medical outpatient sample.Psychiatry Res. 2015; 226: 169-172
- User's guide to implementing patient-reported outcomes assessment in clinical practice.International Society for Quality of Life Research, Milwaukee, WI2015
- The Patient-Reported Outcomes Measurement Information System (PROMIS): progress of an NIH Roadmap cooperative group during its first two years.Med Care. 2007; 45: S3-11
- The promise of PROMIS: using item response theory to improve assessment of patient-reported outcomes.Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2005; 23: S53-S57
- Self-reported cognitive concerns and abilities: two sides of one coin?.Psychooncology. 2014; 23: 1133-1141
- Activity outcome measurement for postacute care.Med Care. 2004; 42: I49-I61
- Development of an applied cognition scale to measure rehabilitation outcomes.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 2030-2035
- Patient-reported outcome measures: best is the enemy of good (but what if good is not good enough?).J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2019; 49: 39-42
- Short-form activity measure for post-acute care.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 649-660
- Development of an IRT-based short form to assess applied cognitive function in outpatient rehabilitation.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 95: 62-71
- Integrating the use of patient-reported outcomes for both clinical practice and performance measurement: views of experts from 3 countries.Milbank Q. 2014; 92: 754-775
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)–a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- AM-PAC Short forms for inpatient and outpatient settings: instruction manual.Boston University, Boston2014
Meadow A, Pope G, Amico P, et al. Developing outpatient therapy payment alternatives: final report. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Billing/TherapyServices/Downloads/DOTPA-Final-Report.pdf. Accessed August 5, 2021.
- Estimation of latent ability using a response pattern of graded scores.Psychometrika. 1969; 34: 1-97
- Item response theory and health outcomes measurement in the 21st century.Med Care. 2000; 38 (II28-42)
Yu C. A simple guide to the item response theory (IRT) and Rasch modeling. Available at: http://www.creative-wisdom.com/computer/sas/IRT.pdf. Accessed November 15, 2019.
- Computer adaptive testing improved accuracy and precision of scores over random item selection in a physical functioning item bank.J Clin Epidemiol. 2006; 59: 1174-1182
- Computerized adaptive testing using the PROMIS physical function item bank reduces test burden with less ceiling effects compared with the short musculoskeletal function assessment in orthopaedic trauma patients.J Orthop Trauma. 2014; 28: 439-443
- A comparison of computer adaptive tests (CATs) and short forms in terms of accuracy and number of items administrated using PROMIS profile.Qual Life Res. 2020; 29: 213-221
- Computerized adaptive testing for follow-up after discharge from inpatient rehabilitation: I. Activity outcomes.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2006; 87: 1033-1042
- Linking scores from multiple health outcome instruments.Qual Life Res. 2007; 16: 85-94
- Bridging cognitive screening tests in neurologic disorders: a crosswalk between the short Montreal Cognitive Assessment and Mini-Mental State Examination.Alzheimers Dement. 2017; 13: 947-952
Supported by the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Wolff Center and the National Institutes of Health (grant no. UL1-TR-001857) for use of Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap).