- Negrini S
- Armijo-Olivo S
- Patrini M
- et al.
List of abbreviations:AJPM&R (American Journal of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation), APM&R (Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation), CONSORT (Consolidated Standards of Reporting Trials), EJPRM (European Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine), RCT (randomized controlled trial), RCTRACK (Randomized Controlled Trials Rehabilitation Checklist), TIDieR (Template for Intervention Description and Replication)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The Randomized Controlled Trials Rehabilitation Checklist: methodology of development of a reporting guideline specific to rehabilitation.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2020; 99: 210-215
- Cochrane Rehabilitation: organization and functioning.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 97: 68-71
- Knowledge translation: the bridging function of Cochrane Rehabilitation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 1242-1245
- Cochrane Rehabilitation: report of the first year of work.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2018; 54: 463-465
- Cochrane Rehabilitation: 2018 annual report.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2019; 55: 314-318
- Cochrane Rehabilitation: 2019 annual report.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 120-125
- Cochrane Rehabilitation Methodology Committee: an international survey of priorities for future work.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2017; 53: 814-817
- Methodological problems in rehabilitation research. Report from a Cochrane Rehabilitation Methodology Meeting.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2019; 55: 319-321
- In search of solutions for evidence generation in rehabilitation: the second Cochrane Rehabilitation Methodology Meeting.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2020; 99: 181-182
- The 3rd Cochrane Rehabilitation Methodology Meeting: "rehabilitation definition for scientific research purposes".Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 658-660
- The challenges of real-world evidence to improve global health: all the methodological issues of research in rehabilitation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2021; 8: xxx
- Overview of reviews using the Template for Intervention Description and Replication (TIDieR) as a measure of trial intervention reporting quality.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2021; 8: xxx
- Tools to assess the risk of bias and reporting quality of randomized controlled trials in rehabilitation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2021; 8: xxx
- Inconsistency in the items included in tools used in general health research and physical therapy to evaluate the methodological quality of randomized controlled trials: a descriptive analysis.BMC Med Res Methodol. 2013; 13: 1-19
- Randomized controlled trials in non-pharmacological rehabilitation research: a scoping review of the reporting of sample size calculation, randomization procedure, and statistical analyses.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 790-798
- Influence of attrition, missing data, compliance, and related biases and analyses strategies on treatment effects in randomized controlled trials in rehabilitation: a methodological review.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 799-816
- Attrition, missing data, compliance, and related biases in randomized controlled trials of rehabilitation interventions: towards improving reporting and conduct.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 817-828
- Reporting of patients' characteristics in rehabilitation trials: an analysis of publications of RCTs in major clinical rehabilitation journals.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 829-835
- The structure of research questions in randomized controlled trials in the rehabilitation field: a methodological study.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2021; 100: 29-33
- Criteria to evaluate the quality of outcome reporting in randomized controlled trials of rehabilitation interventions.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2021; 100: 17-28
- Recommendations for reporting on rehabilitation interventions.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2021; 100: 5-16
- Usual care: the big but unmanaged problem of rehabilitation evidence.Lancet. 2020; 395: 337
- Current rehabilitation definitions do not allow correct classification of Cochrane systematic reviews: an overview of Cochrane reviews.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 667-671
- Expert opinions leave space for uncertainty when defining rehabilitation interventions: analysis of difficult decisions regarding categorization of rehabilitation reviews in the Cochrane Library.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 661-666
- Toward a new definition of rehabilitation for research purposes: a comparative analysis of current definitions.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 672-681
- A comparison and synthesis of rehabilitation definitions used by consumers (Google), major stakeholders (survey) and researchers (Cochrane systematic reviews): a terminological analysis.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2020; 56: 682-689
- Elevating the quality of disability and rehabilitation research: mandatory use of the reporting guidelines.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2014; 95: 415-417
- Clinical trial registration: the time has come….Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015; 96: 2093
Disclosures: Dr Frontera received funding from the National Institute of Minority Health and Health Disparities, National Institutes of Health (grant no. S21 MD001830-04). Dr Frontera is the editor-in-chief of the American Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. The other authors have nothing to disclose.
An earlier version of this editorial was published in the European Journal of Physical andRehabilitation Medicine 2020;56:787-9 (doi: 10.23736/S1973-9087.20.06635-6). It has been modified slightly to update references and to fit the journal format. Reprinted with permission.