- •A novel Wheelchair Repair Registry has been systematically developed.
- •The registry contains repairs from more than 5000 devices and continues to be populated.
- •Registry data can support research on the reliability of wheeled mobility devices.
Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:OLAP (online analytical processing), VGM (Van G. Miller Group), WMS (wheeled mobility and seating), WRR (Wheelchair Repair Registry)
World Health Organization. World report on disability. Available at:https://www.who.int/teams/noncommunicable-diseases/sensory-functions-disability-and-rehabilitation/world-report-on-disability. Accessed July 31, 2020.
- Seating and wheeled mobility: a clinical resource guide.Slack Books, Thorofare2017
- Type and frequency of reported wheelchair repairs and related adverse consequences among people with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 97: 1753-1760
- Wheelchair repairs, breakdown, and adverse consequences for people with traumatic spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 90: 2034-2038
- Increases in wheelchair breakdowns, repairs, and adverse consequences for people with traumatic spinal cord injury.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 91: 463-469
- Type and frequency of wheelchair repairs and resulting adverse consequences among veteran wheelchair users.Disabil Rehabil Assist Technol. 2020 Aug 7; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Wheelchair breakdowns are associated with pain, pressure injuries, rehospitalization, and self-perceived health in full-time wheelchair users with spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 1949-1956
- A framework for creating standardized outcome measures for patient registries.J Comp Eff Res. 2014; 3: 473-480
- Development and implementation of a wheelchair outcomes registry.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2019; 100: 1779-1781
- Multidimensional modeling and analysis of large and complex watercourse data: an OLAP-based solution.Ecol Inform. 2014; 24: 90-106
- Development of SOVAT: a numerical-spatial decision support system for community health assessment research.Int J Med Inform. 2006; 75: 771-784
- Spatial and multidimensional visualization of Indonesia's village health statistics.Int J Health Geogr. 2008; 7: 30
Supported by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (NIDILRR; grant no. 90REGE0001-01-00 ). NIDILRR is a Center within the Administration for Community Living (ACL), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). The contents of this article do not necessarily represent the policy of NIDILRR, ACL, or HHS, and readers should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government.