|Clinical Scenario||Altered Mental Status Present||“Lesion” Present||Meets Criteria for “mTBI” (eg, ACRM)
|Meets Criteria for “Concussion” (eg, CISG)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Expert panel survey to update the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine definition of mild traumatic brain injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2021; 102: 76-86
- The spectrum of mild traumatic brain injury: a review.Neurology. 2017; 89: 623-632
Lexico. Definition of subset in English. Available at: https://www.lexico.com/en/definition/subset/. Accessed April 27, 2021.
- The Management of Concussion/mTBI Working Group. VA/DoD Clinical Practice Guideline for Management of Concussion-Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. Department of Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense, Washington, DC2016
- Guidelines for diagnosing and managing pediatric concussion.Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation, Toronto, ON2014
- Identification of children at very low risk of clinically-important brain injuries after head trauma: a prospective cohort study.Lancet. 2009; 374: 1160-1170
- Radiologic common data elements rates in pediatric mild traumatic brain injury.Neurology. 2020; 94: e241-e253
- Investigating the variability in mild traumatic brain injury definitions: a prospective cohort study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 1360-1369