List of abbreviations:Co-PI (coprincipal investigator), EMR (electronic medical record), GAB (gait assessment battery), KT (knowledge translation), LHS (learning health system), MFB (Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital), OT (occupational therapist), PT (physical therapist), RA (research assistant), SNF (skilled nursing facility)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The answer is 17 years, what is the question: understanding time lags in translational research.J R Soc Med. 2011; 104: 510-520
- Increasing value and reducing waste in biomedical research: who's listening?.Lancet. 2016; 387: 1573-1586
- A guiding framework and approach for implementation research in substance use disorders treatment.Psychol Addict Behav. 2011; 25: 194-205
- An introduction to implementation science for the non-specialist.BMC Psychol. 2015; 3: 32
- A systematic review of interventions to increase the use of standardized outcome measures by rehabilitation professionals.Clin Rehabil. 2017; 31: 299-309
- Defining knowledge translation.CMAJ. 2009; 181: 165-168
- The Learning Healthcare System: workshop summary. Best care at lower cost: the path to continuously learning health care in America. Available at:.Accessed May 15, 2020)
- The science of Learning Health Systems: foundations for a new journal.Learn Health Sys. 2017; 1e10020
- The Learning Healthcare System: where are we now? A systematic review.J Biomed Inform. 2016; 64: 87-92
- Toward an information infrastructure for global health improvement.Yearb Med Inform. 2017; 26: 16-23
- Transforming evidence generation to support health and health care decisions.N Engl J Med. 2016; 375: 2395-2400
- Lost in knowledge translation: time for a map?.J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2006; 26: 13-24
- Knowledge translation: resolving the confusion.J Contin Educ Health Prof. 2006; 26: 3-4
Moore JL Virva R, Henderson C, et al. Applying the knowledge-to-action framework to influence clinician practice: Implementation of a gait and balance assessment battery in inpatient stroke rehabilitation. Arch Phys Med Rehabil; in press.
- Outcome measures for individuals with stroke: process and recommendations from the American Physical Therapy Association neurology section task force.Phys Ther. 2013; 93: 1383-1396
- Ottawa Model of Implementation Leadership and Implementation Leadership Scale: mapping concepts for developing and evaluating theory-based leadership interventions.J Healthc Leadersh. 2017; 9: 15-23
- Measuring balance in the elderly: validation of an instrument.Can J Public Health. 1992; 83: S7-S11
- Guidelines for adult stroke rehabilitation and recovery: a guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association.Stroke. 2016; 47: e98-e169
- Usefulness of the Berg Balance Scale in stroke rehabilitation: a systematic review.Phys Ther. 2008; 88: 559-566
- A core set of outcome measures for adults with neurologic conditions undergoing rehabilitation: a clinical practice guideline.J Neurol Phys Ther. 2018; 42: 174-220
- Post-acute care--the next frontier for controlling Medicare spending.N Engl J Med. 2014; 370: 692-694
- Large increases in spending on postacute care in Medicare point to the potential for cost savings in these settings.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 864-872
- Measuring value in postacute care.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2019; 100: 990-994
- Learning Health Systems: improving practice via health encounter data. TIKTOC RERC State of the Science.(Available at:)Accessed May 15, 2020)
- Learning health care systems: Highly needed but challenging.Learn Health Sys. 2020; 4e10211
- The HITECH era and the path forward.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 904-906
- The HITECH era in retrospect.N Engl J Med. 2017; 377: 907-909
Presented in part to the Combined Sections Meeting of the American Physical Therapy Association, February 12-15, 2020, Denver, CO.
Supported by the Department of Health and Human Services, National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (grant no. 90RT5027).
This paper is part of a supplement from the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine.