Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:AIS (Abbreviated Injury Score), ASIA (American Spinal Injury Association), FES (functional electrical stimulation), LION (laparoscopic implantation of neuroprosthesis), SCI (spinal cord injury), WISCI (Walking Index for Spinal Cord Injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Functional electrotherapy: stimulation of the peroneal nerve synchronized with the swing phase of the gait in hemiplegic patients.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1961; 42: 101-105
- Effect of epidural stimulation of the lumbosacral spinal cord on voluntary movement, standing, and assisted stepping after motor complete paraplegia: a case study.Lancet. 2011; 377: 1938-1941
- An implantable neuroprosthesis for standing and walking in paraplegia: 5-year patient follow-up.J Neural Eng. 2006; 3: 268-270
- Laparoscopic exposure and electro stimulation of the somatic and autonomous pelvic nerves: a new method for implantation of neuroprothesis in paralyzed patients?.Gynecol Surg. 2004; 1: 87-90
- New strategies of pelvic nerves stimulation for recovery of pelvic visceral functions and locomotion in paraplegics.Neurourol Urodyn. 2010; 29: 1433-1438
- Recovery of sensory and supraspinal control of leg movement in people with chronic paraplegia: a case series.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2014; 95: 610-614
- The LION procedure to the pelvic nerves for recovery of locomotion in 18 spinal cord injured peoples - a case series.Surg Technol Int. 2016; 29: 19-25
- Recovery of supraspinal control of leg movement in a chronic complete flaccid paraplegic man after continuous low-frequency pelvic nerve stimulation and FES-assisted training.Spinal Cord Ser Cases. 2017; 3: 16034
- Restoring voluntary control of locomotion after paralyzing spinal cord injury.Science. 2012; 336: 1182
- Targeted neurotechnology restores walking in humans with spinal cord injury.Nature. 2018; 563 (65-1)
- International standards for neurological classification of spinal cord injury.J Spinal Cord Med. 2011; 34: 535-546
- Walking index for spinal cord injury (WISCI): criterion validation.Spinal Cord. 2005; 43: 43-71
- Unexpected recovery after robotic locomotor training at physiologic stepping speed: a single-case design.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2012; 93: 1476-1484
- Descending systems contributing to locomotor recovery after mild or moderate SCI in rats: experimental evidence and a review of literature.Restor Neurol Neurosci. 2002; 20: 189-218
- Restoration of walking function in an individual with chronic complete (AIS A) spinal cord injury.J Rehabil Med. 2010; 42: 795-798
- Multimodal treatment for spinal cord injury: a sword of neuroregeneration upon neuromodulation.Neural Regen Res. 2020; 15: 1437-1450
- Network structure of the human musculoskeletal system shapes neural interaction on multiple timescales.Sci Adv. 2018; 4: 1-26
- Structural and functional reorganization of propriospinal connections promotes functional recovery after spinal cord injury.Neural Regen Res. 2015; 10: 509-513
Tamus Z, Ádám N, Balazs S, Kiss I, István B. Can the near field of lightning impulse in down conductors cause harmful health effects? Paper presented at: 30th International Conference on Lightning Protection-ICLP. September 8, 2010; Cagliari, Italy.
- Action-potential-encoded second-harmonic generation as an ultrafast local probe for nonintrusive membrane diagnostics.Phys Rev. 2010; 81031926
- How does a lightning rod work?.Dover Publications, New York1986
Disclosures: Dr Possover has a patent issued to No. US,8,019,423 (February 2007).