Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Interventions for hearing and vision impairment to improve outcomes for people with dementia: A scoping review.Int Psychogeriatr. 2019; 31: 203-221
- The effects of improving hearing in dementia.Age Ageing. 2003; 32: 189-193
- Impact of an intervention to support hearing and vision in dementia: The SENSE-Cog Field Trial.Int J Geriatr Psychiatry. 2020; 35: 348-357
- The Prevalence of Visual Impairment in People with Dementia (the PrOVIDe study): a cross-sectional study of people aged 60–89 years with dementia and qualitative exploration of individual, carer and professional perspectives.Health Services and Delivery Research, Southampton2016
- Hearing aid use in nursing homes. Part 1: prevalence rates of hearing impairment and hearing aid use.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2004; 5: 283-288
- Feasibility of an intervention to support hearing and vision in dementia: the SENSE-Cog Field Trial.J Am Geriatr Soc. 2019; 67: 1472-1477
- Assessing and managing concurrent hearing, vision and cognitive impairments in older people: an international perspective from healthcare professionals.Age Ageing. 2019; 48: 580-587
- Validity and reliability of auditory screening tests in demented and non-demented older adults.J Gen Intern Med. 1989; 4: 90-96
- Hearing loss treatment in older adults with mild cognitive impairment or dementia: a systematic review.Alzheimer’s Dement. 2016; 12: P597-P598
- Screening tools for the identification of dementia for adults with age-related acquired hearing or vision impairment: a scoping review.Int Psychogeriatrics. 2017; 29: 1771-1784
- Managing hearing loss in a patient with Alzheimer disease.J Am Acad Audiol. 1998; 9: 275-284
- Visual acuity assessment in persons with dementia.J Vis Impair Blind. 2004; 9: 560-566
- The need for improved cognitive, hearing and vision assessments for older people with cognitive impairment: a qualitative study.BMC Geriatr. 2019; 19: 328
- Individualised sensory intervention to improve quality of life in people with dementia and their companions (SENSE-Cog trial): study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.Trials. 2019; 20: 80
Supported by the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine Neurodegenerative Diseases Networking Group (NDNG) and the International Networking Group (ING), as well as the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program (grant no. 668648 ) for the research program “Ears, Eyes and Mind: The ‘SENSE-Cog Project’ to promote mental well-being in elderly Europeans” (www.sense-cog.eu).