Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:BTX-A (botulinum toxin type A), FAC (Functional Ambulation Classification), MAS (Modified Ashworth Scale), PRM (physical and rehabilitation medicine)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Global and regional burden of stroke during 1990-2010: findings from the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010.Lancet. 2014; 383: 245-255
- The large and growing burden of stroke.Curr Drug Targets. 2007; 8: 786-793
- European consensus table on the use of botulinum toxin type A in adult spasticity.J Rehabil Med. 2009; 41: 13-25
- Use of botulinum toxin type A in management of adult spasticity-a European consensus statement.J Rehabil Med. 2003; 35: 98-99
- Predicting the probability for fall incidence in stroke patients using the Berg Balance Scale.J Int Med Res. 2009; 37: 697-704
- Recovery of standing balance in postacute stroke patients: a rehabilitation cohort study.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 886-895
- A review of standing balance recovery from stroke.Gait Posture. 2005; 22: 267-281
- The impact of post-stroke spasticity and botulinum toxin on standing balance: a systematic review.Expert Rev Neurother. 2014; 14: 319-327
- Impact of spasticity on balance control during quiet standing in persons after stroke.Stroke Res Treat. 2017; 2017: 6153714
- A randomised, double blind, placebo controlled trial of botulinum toxin in the treatment of spastic foot in hemiparetic patients.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1996; 61: 265-269
- A double-blind randomised placebo-controlled evaluation of three doses of botulinum toxin type A (Dysport®) in the treatment of spastic equinovarus deformity after stroke.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2003; 15: 289-300
- Botulinum toxin type A in post-stroke lower limb spasticity: a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial.J Neurol. 2010; 257: 1330-1337
- Does the treatment of spastic equinovarus deformity following stroke with botulinum toxin increase gait velocity? A systematic review and meta-analysis.Eur J Neurol. 2010; 17: 1419-1427
- Effects of botulinum toxin-A on gait velocity, step length, and base of support of patients with dynamic equinovarus foot.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2006; 85: 600-606
- Short-term electrical stimulation enhances the effectiveness of botulinum toxin in the treatment of lower limb spasticity in hemiparetic patients.Neurosci Lett. 1995; 201: 37-40
- Stance control is not affected by paresis and reflex hyperexcitability: the case of spastic patients.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2001; 70: 635-643
- Variability and predictability of functional efficacy of botulinum toxin injection in leg spastic muscles.J Neurol Sci. 2005; 232: 51-57
- Comparison of botulinum toxin injection and neurotomy in patients with distal lower limb spasticity.Eur J Neurol. 2008; 15: 506-511
- Use of botulinum toxin in stroke patients with severe upper limb spasticity.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1996; 61: 30-35
- Botulinum treatment for post-stroke spasticity: low dose regime.J Med Assoc Thail Chotmaihet Thangphaet. 1998; 81: 413-422
- Clinical effect of ultrasound combined with anatomy-measure guidance botulinum toxin type A injection in poststroke patients with spasticity.Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2012; 92: 1045-1048
- [Influence of treatment with botulinum toxine after stroke to control posture] [French].Ann Readapt Med Phys. 2006; 49: 155-165
- Changes in postural control in hemiplegic patients after stroke performing a dual task.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88: 1009-1015
- How to clinically assess and treat muscle overactivity in spastic paresis.J Rehabil Med. 2010; 42: 801-807
- Fall-related self-efficacy, not balance and mobility performance, is related to accidental falls in chronic stroke survivors with low bone mineral density.Osteoporos Int. 2008; 19: 919-927
- The ankle-foot orthosis improves balance and reduces fall risk of chronic spastic hemiparetic patients.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2010; 46: 363-368
- Prefrontal cortex activation during a dual task in patients with stroke.Gait Posture. 2018; 59: 193-198
- Dual-task mobility among individuals with chronic stroke: changes in cognitive-motor interference patterns and relationship to difficulty level of mobility and cognitive tasks.Eur J Phys Rehabil Med. 2018; 54: 526-535
- Prefrontal cortex activation while walking under dual-task conditions in stroke: a multimodal imaging study.Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2016; 30: 591-599
- Involvement of both prefrontal and inferior parietal cortex in dual-task performance.Cogn Brain Res. 2005; 24: 237-251
Disclosures: Dr Frederic Pellas declared conflicts of interest with Allergan, Merz, and Ipsen companies. The other authors have nothing to disclose.
Supported by the Protocole Hospitalier de Recherche Clinique ( PHRC 2005/21 ).
Clinical Trial Registration No.: NCT03405948.