List of abbreviations:HNC (head and neck cancer), ICF (International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health), QOL (quality of life), REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Noone AM, Howlader N, Krapcho M, et al, editors. SEER Cancer Statistics Review, 1975-2015. Available at: .https://seer.cancer.gov/csr/1975_2015/. Accessed March 9, 2018.
- Changes in survival in head and neck cancers in the late 20th and early 21st century: a period analysis.Oncologist. 2010; 15: 994-1001
- American Cancer Society Head and Neck Cancer Survivorship Care Guideline.CA Cancer J Clin. 2016; 66: 203-239
- Head and Neck Cancer Survivorship Care Guideline: American Society of Clinical Oncology Clinical Practice Guideline Endorsement of the American Cancer Society Guideline.J Clin Oncol. 2017; 35: 1606-1621
- Neck dissection classification update: revisions proposed by the American Head and Neck Society and the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery.Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2002; 128: 751-758
- Neck treatment and shoulder morbidity: still a challenge.Head Neck. 2011; 33: 1060-1067
- Quality of life, shoulder range of motion, and spinal accessory nerve status in 5-year survivors of head and neck cancer.PM R. 2014; 6: 1073-1080
- The relationship between physical impairments, quality of life and disability of the neck and upper limb in patients following neck dissection.J Cancer Surviv. 2018; 12: 619-631
- Prevalence, incidence, and risk factors for shoulder and neck dysfunction after neck dissection: a systematic review.Eur J Surg Oncol. 2017; 43: 1199-1218
- Assessment of shoulder impairment after functional neck dissection: long term results.Auris Nasus Larynx. 2005; 32: 387-391
- Functional assessment and rehabilitation: how to maximize outcomes.Otolaryngol Clin North Am. 2013; 46: 657-670
- Head and neck cancer survivorship: learning the needs, meeting the needs.Semin Radiat Oncol. 2018; 28: 64-74
- Assessment of functioning in patients with head and neck cancer according to the International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health (ICF): a multicenter study.Laryngoscope. 2009; 119: 915-923
- Employment and return to work in head and neck cancer survivors.Oral Oncol. 2010; 46: 56-60
- Impairment-driven cancer rehabilitation: an essential component of quality care and survivorship.CA Cancer J Clin. 2013; 63: 295-317
- The future of cancer rehabilitation: emerging subspecialty.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2011; 90: S76-S87
- Integrating rehabilitation into the cancer care continuum.PM R. 2017; 9: S291-S296
- Rehabilitation following cancer treatment.Disabil Rehabil. 2013; 35: 2245-2258
- A bibliometric analysis of the landscape of cancer rehabilitation research (1992-2016).J Natl Cancer Inst. 2018; 110: 815-824
- A scoping review of rehabilitation interventions for survivors of head and neck cancer.Disabil Rehabil. 2018 Jul 6; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Scoping studies: towards a methodological framework.Int J Soc Res Methodol. 2005; 8: 19-32
- Scoping studies: advancing the methodology.Implement Sci. 2010; 5: 69
- Research Electronic Data Capture (REDCap)--a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Glossary of Common Site Terms.(Available at:)Accessed May 22, 2018)
- International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF).(Available at:)Accessed May 22, 2018)
- Observational and interventional study design types; an overview.Biochem Med (Zagreb). 2014; 24: 199-210
- Association between impairment, function, and daily life task management in children and adolescents with autism.Dev Med Child Neurol. 2015; 57: 68-74
- Correlation between upper limb functional ability and structural hand impairment in an early rheumatoid population.Clin Rehabil. 2004; 18: 405-413
- Global epidemiology of head and neck cancers: a continuing challenge.Oncology. 2016; 91: 13-23
- Global cancer statistics, 2012.CA Cancer J Clin. 2015; 65: 87-108
Current affiliation for Herbert, Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA; Barksdale, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN.
Supported by the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences of the National Institutes of Health (award no. UL1 TR002319) for REDCap use through the Institute of Translational Health Sciences.