Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:AUC (area under the curve), IRGLM (Institute of Rehabilitation Gingras-Lindsay-de-Montréal), OR (odds ratio), PI (pressure injury), REB (research ethics board), SCI (spinal cord injury), SCIPUS (Spinal Cord Injury Pressure Ulcer Scale), TRI-UHN (Toronto Rehabilitation Institute--University Health Network)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- A case study for electrical stimulation on a stage III pressure ulcer.Wound Care Canada. 2004; 2: 34-36
- The average cost of pressure ulcer management in a community dwelling spinal cord injury population.Int Wound J. 2013; 10: 431-440
- Impact of pressure ulcers on individuals living with a spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2014; 95: 2312-2319
- Quality of life and self-esteem in patients with paraplegia and pressure ulcers: a controlled cross-sectional study.J Wound Care. 2014; 23: 336-337
- Predictors of mortality in veterans with traumatic spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2013; 51: 784-788
- Risk factors for mortality after spinal cord injury in the USA.Spinal Cord. 2013; 51: 413-418
- Does the acute care spinal cord injury setting predict the occurrence of pressure ulcers at arrival to intensive rehabilitation centers?.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 95: 300-308
- An exploration of the occurrence of pressure ulcers in a British spinal injuries unit.J Clin Nurs. 2002; 11: 470-478
- Pressure sores and the spinal cord injured.in: Young J.S. Burns P.E. Bowen A.M. McCutchen R. Spinal cord injury statistics: experience of the regional spinal cord injury systems. Good Samaritan Medical Center, Phoenix1982: 95-105
- Nontraumatic spinal cord injury rehabilitation: pressure ulcer patterns, prediction, and impact.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 87-93
- Occurrence and predictors of pressure ulcers during primary in-patient spinal cord injury rehabilitation.Spinal Cord. 2011; 49: 106-112
- Impact of pressure ulcers on outcomes in inpatient rehabilitation facilities.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2014; 93: 207-216
- Pattern of presentation of pressure ulcers in traumatic spinal cord injured patients in University College Hospital, Ibadan.Int Wound J. 2012; 9: 206-213
- Medical complications during acute rehabilitation following spinal cord injury--current experience of the Model Systems.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1999; 80: 1397-1401
- Factors associated with pressure ulcer risk in spinal cord injury rehabilitation.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2014; 93: 971-986
- Predicting pressure ulcers during initial hospitalization for acute spinal cord injury.Wounds. 1999; 11: 45-57
- Nontraumatic spinal cord injury: an Italian survey.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 1483-1487
- Pressure ulcer prevention and treatment following spinal cord injury: a clinical practice guideline for health-care professionals.2nd ed. Paralyzed Veterans of America, 2014
- 2013 Canadian best practice guidelines for the prevention and management of pressure ulcers in people with spinal cord injury.(Available at: http://onf.org/system/attachments/168/original/Pressure_Ulcers_Best_Practice_Guideline_Final_web4.pdf)Date accessed: January 12, 2014
- A review of scales for assessing the risk of developing a pressure ulcer in individuals with SCI.Spinal Cord. 2008; 46: 168-175
- The Braden Scale for predicting pressure sore risk.Nurs Res. 1987; 36: 205-210
- A new pressure ulcer risk assessment scale for individuals with spinal cord injury.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 1996; 75: 96-104
- The Functional Independence Measure: a new tool for rehabilitation.Adv Clin Rehabil. 1987; 1: 6-18
- Risk factors for development of new or worsened pressure ulcers among patients in inpatient rehabilitation facilities in the United States: data from the uniform data system for medical rehabilitation.PM R. 2015; 7: 599-612
- Mandated quality of care metrics for medicare patients: examining new or worsened pressure ulcers and rehabilitation outcomes in United States inpatient rehabilitation facilities.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 1514-1524
- The application of implementation science for pressure ulcer prevention best practices in an inpatient spinal cord injury rehabilitation program.J Spinal Cord Med. 2014; 37: 589-597
- National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel's updated pressure ulcer staging system.Dermatol Nurs. 2007; 19 (quiz 350): 343-349
- Clinical tests: sensitivity and specificity.Continuing Education Anaesth Crit Care Pain. 2008; 8: 221-223
- Diagnostic accuracy of two pressure ulcer risk scales and a generic nursing assessment tool. A psychometric comparison.J Clin Nurs. 2010; 19: 1510-1518
- Index for rating diagnostic tests.Cancer. 1950; 3: 32-35
- Psychometric properties of the Spinal Cord Injury Pressure Ulcer Scale (SCIPUS) for pressure ulcer risk assessment during inpatient rehabilitation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015; 96: 1980-1985
- Predictive validity of the Spinal Cord Injury Pressure Ulcer Scale (SCIPUS) in acute care and inpatient rehabilitation in individuals with traumatic spinal cord injury.NeuroRehabilitation. 2016; 38: 401-409
- A multicenter international study on the Spinal Cord Independence Measure, version III: Rasch psychometric validation.Spinal Cord. 2007; 45: 275-291
Related data was previously published in Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation.
Flett HM, Scovil CY, Delparte JJ, Burns AS, Guy K. Predicting pressure ulcer risk during inpatient SCI rehabilitation: comparison of the FIM Motor scale, SCIPUS and Braden risk assessment tools. The 4th ISCoS and ASIA Joint Scientific Meeting. May 14-16 2015, Montreal, Canada.
Flett HM, Delparte JJ, Scovil CY, Guy K, Burns AS. Correlations between Functional Independence Measure and pressure ulcer risk during inpatient spinal cord injury rehabilitation.
Delparte JJ, Scovil CY, Flett HM, Higgins J, Laramee MT, Burns AS. Psychometric properties of the Spinal Cord Injury Pressure Ulcer Scale (SCIPUS) for pressure ulcer risk assessment during inpatient rehabilitation. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2015;96:1980-5.
Supported by the Rick Hansen Institute, and Ontario Neurotrauma Foundation, and Alberta Paraplegic Association (grant nos. 2010-RHI-ONF-BPI-832 and 2015-RHI-BPI-996).