Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:ADL (activities of daily living), BPCI (Bundled Payments for Care Improvement), MS-DRG (Medicare Severity Diagnosis-Related Group), SNF (skilled nursing facility)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Bundled Payment for Care Improvement (BPCI) Initiative: general information.(Available at:)Accessed February 12, 2018)
- BPCI Model 3: retrospective post acute care only.(Available at:)Accessed: February 12, 2018)
Kolata G. Method of study is criticized in group's health policy tests. New York Times. February 2, 2014; A1.
- Revamping provider payment in Medicare.Forum Health Econ Policy. 2015; 18: 137-149
- Medicare's new bundled payments: design, strategy, and evolution.JAMA. 2016; 315: 131-132
- BPCI Advanced.(Available at:)Accessed February 13, 2018)
Dummit L, Murrafo G, Marshall J, et al; The Lewin Group. CMS Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) initiative models 2-4: year 3 evaluation and monitoring annual report. Available at: https://downloads.cms.gov/files/cmmi/bpci-models2-4yr3evalrpt-app.pdf. Accessed November 1, 2017.
- Medicare's bundled payment initiative: most hospitals are focused on a few high-volume conditions.Health Aff. 2015; 34: 371-380
- Provider of services current files.(Available at:)https://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Downloadable-Public-Use-Files/Provider-of-Services/index.html(Accessed March 17, 2017)
- Census regions and divisions of the United States.(Available at:)Accessed February 15, 2018)
- LTCfocus facility data, 2013.(Available at:)Accessed March 1, 2018)
- Nursing Home Compare, 2016.(Available at:)Accessed February 15, 2018)
- Quality improvement under nursing home compare: the association between changes in process and outcome measures.Med Care. 2013; 51: 582-588
- Does information matter? Competition, quality, and the impact of nursing home report cards.Health Serv Res. 2011; 46: 1698-1719
- Comorbidity measures for use with administrative data.Med Care. 1998; 36: 8-27
- RCS-I model calculation worksheet for SNFs.(Available at:)https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/SNFPPS/Downloads/RCS_I_Logic-508_Final.pdf(Accessed March 1, 2018)
- Functional improvement among short-stay nursing home residents in the MDS 3.0.J Am Med Dir Assoc. 2015; 16: 470-474
- Data by region.(Available at:)Acccessed January 15, 2018)
Gronniger T, Fiedler M, Patel K, Adler K, Ginsburg PB. How should the Trump administration handle Medicare’s new bundled payment programs? Health Affairs Blog, April 10, 2017. https://www.healthaffairs.org/do/10.1377/hblog20170410.059551/full/.
Supported by the National Institute on Aging (grant no. R01AG046838).