Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:ADL (activities of daily living), CI (confidence interval), CEAC (cost-effectiveness acceptability curve), LOS (length of stay), OT (occupational therapist), PTA (posttraumatic amnesia), TAU (treatment as usual), TBI (traumatic brain injury), WPTAS (Westmead Post Traumatic Amnesia Scale), WTP (willingness to pay)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Efficacy of activities of daily living retraining during posttraumatic amnesia: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 329-337
- Post-traumatic amnesia.J Clin Neurosci. 2013; 20: 1475-1481
- Training to optimize learning after traumatic brain injury.Curr Phys Med Rehabil Rep. 2015; 3: 99-105
- Agitation in acquired brain injury: impact on acute rehabilitation therapies.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2007; 22: 177-183
- Agitation following traumatic brain injury: an Australian sample.Brain Inj. 2006; 20: 1175-1182
- Acute behavioural disturbances related to imaging studies and outcome in mild-to-moderate head injury.Brain Inj. 2000; 14: 781-788
- Patterns of agitated behaviour during acute brain injury rehabilitation.Brain Inj. 2010; 24: 1214-1221
- Agitated behavior and activities of daily living retraining during posttraumatic amnesia.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2018; 33: 317-325
- Functional Independence Measure.in: Michalos A.C. Encyclopedia of quality of life and well-being research. Springer, Dordrecht, Netherlands2014: 2373-2376
- The Functional Independence Measure: a new tool for rehabilitation.Adv Clin Rehabil. 1987; 1: 6-18
- Too much ado about two-part models and transformation? Comparing methods of modeling Medicare expenditures.J Health Econ. 2004; 23: 525-542
- Applied health economics.Routledge, London, United Kingdom2013
- Economic evaluations in the diagnosis and management of traumatic brain injury: a systematic review and analysis of quality.Value Health. 2015; 18: 721-734
- Head injury rehabilitation in the UK: an economic perspective.Soc Sci Med. 1997; 45: 295-303
- Pre-injury, injury and early post-injury predictors of long-term functional and psychosocial recovery after severe traumatic brain injury.Brain Impairment. 2005; 6: 75-89
- How dangerous is a day in a hospital? A model of adverse events and length of stay for medical inpatients.Med Care. 2011; 49: 1068-1075
Supported by the Transport Accident Commission, through the Institute for Safety, Compensation and Recovery Research (grant no: N-13-089); a Epworth Research Institute Grant; and a William Buckland Foundation Grant. The supporting institutions did not participate in design or write-up of the study.
Clinical Trial Registration No.: ACTRN12616001468415.