List of abbreviations:CHD (coronary heart disease), exCR (exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- BACPR scientific statement: British standards and core components for cardiovascular disease prevention and rehabilitation.Heart. 2013; 99: 1069-1071
- Participating in cardiac rehabilitation: a systematic review and meta-synthesis of qualitative data.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2012; 19: 494-503
- Population trends of recurrent coronary heart disease event rates remain high.Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes. 2011; 4: 107-113
- Home-based versus centre-based cardiac rehabilitation.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2017; 6: CD007130
- Telehealth interventions for the secondary prevention of coronary heart disease: a systematic review.Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil. 2009; 16: 281-289
- Telehealth exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Heart. 2016; 102: 1183-1192
- The remote exercise monitoring trial for exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation (REMOTE-CR): a randomised controlled trial protocol.BMC Public Health. 2014; 14: 1236
- Remotely delivered exercise-based cardiac rehabilitation: design and content development of a novel mHealth platform.JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2016; 4: e57
- Technology: education and training needs of older adults.Educ Gerontol. 2014; 40: 16-25
- Clinical and cost-effectiveness of home-based cardiac rehabilitation compared to conventional, center-based cardiac rehabilitation: results of the [email protected] study.Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2017; 24: 1260-1273
Supported by the Auckland Medical Research Foundation (AMRF), New Zealand (grant no. 1113020); AMRF did not influence the study design, conduct, analysis, interpretation or reporting, or decision to submit this manuscript for publication.
Disclosures: Jonathan Rawstorn, Ralph Maddison, Nicholas Gant, Ian Warren, and Andrew Meads contributed to the design and development of the REMOTE-CR technology platform. The other authors have nothing to disclose.
Clinical Trial Registration No.: ACTRN12614000843651.