List of abbreviations:ANZSCoS (Australian and New Zealand Spinal Cord Society), CPG (clinical practice guideline), IC (intermittent catheterization), IDC (indwelling catheter), SCI (spinal cord injury), UTI (urinary tract infection)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Targeting recovery: priorities of the spinal cord-injured population.J Neurotrauma. 2004; 21: 1371-1383
- Incidence of acute care adverse events and long-term health-related quality of life in patients with TSCI.Spine J. 2015; 15: 923-932
- Complications Audit of Urological Issues in Spinal Cord Injury Evaluation Study (CAUSES). Institute for Safety CaRR ed..Institute for Safety, Compensation and Recovery Research, Melbourne, Australia2015
- Urinary tract infections in spinal cord injury: prevention and treatment guidelines.Acta Clin Belg. 2009; 64: 335-340
- Management of the neurogenic bladder for adults with spinal cord injuries.NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation, Chatswood, Australia2014
- The encrustation and blockage of long-term indwelling bladder catheters: a way forward in prevention and control.Spinal Cord. 2010; 48: 784-790
- Urinary catheter-associated infections.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 2012; 26: 13-27
- Strategies to promote intermittent self-catheterisation in adults with neurogenic bladders: a comprehensive systematic review.JBI Libr Syst Rev. 2011; 9: 1392-1446
- Bladder management for adults with spinal cord injury: a clinical practice guideline for health-care providers.J Spinal Cord Med. 2006; 29: 527-573
- Summary of European Association of Urology (EAU) guidelines on neuro-urology.Eur Urol. 2016; 69: 324-333
- Audit of early bladder management complications after spinal cord injury in first-treating hospitals.Eur Urol. 2000; 37: 156-160
- Profile and costs of secondary conditions resulting in emergency department presentations and readmission to hospital following traumatic spinal cord injury.Injury. 2016; 47: 1847-1855
- Social activity and relationship changes experienced by people with bowel and bladder dysfunction following spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2017; 55: 679-686
- Knowledge translation of research findings.Implement Sci. 2012; 7: 50
- Knowledge Translation Platform Evaluation Study Team. Evidence briefs and deliberative dialogues: perceptions and intentions to act on what was learnt.Bull World Health Organ. 2014; 92: 20-28
- Making evidence based medicine work for individual patients.BMJ. 2016; 353: i2452
Supported by the Transport Accident Commission, through the Institute for Safety, Compensation and Recovery Research.
Disclosures: P.B. is a member of the Spinal Cord Injury Network board, a not-for-profit organization with a mission to improve spinal cord injury research and care. P.B. receives reimbursement for costs associated with attending board meetings. The other authors have nothing to disclose.