Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:SCI (spinal cord injury), SCIMS (spinal cord injury model system), TBI (traumatic brain injury), TBIMS (traumatic brain injury model system), THC (tetrahydrocannabinol)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Phytochemistry of Cannabis sativa L.Prog Chem Org Nat Prod. 2017; 103: 1-36
- Adverse structural and functional effects of marijuana on the brain: evidence reviewed.Pediatr Neurol. 2017; 66: 12-20
- Behavioral health trends in the United States: results from the 2014 National Survey on Drug Use and Health: methodological summary and definitions.Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD2015
- Marijuana use in Colorado: Colorado adults, ages 18 and older.(Available at:)https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cdphe/marijuanauseDate: 2014Date accessed: July 18, 2017
- Medical marijuana for treatment of chronic pain and other medical and psychiatric problems: a clinical review.JAMA. 2015; 313: 2474-2483
- The health effects of cannabis and cannabinoids: the current state of evidence and recommendations for research 2017.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2017
- The future of cannabinoids as analgesic agents: a pharmacologic, pharmacokinetic, and pharmacodynamic overview.Am J Ther. 2007; 14: 475-483
- Cannabis.(Available at:)http://www.who.int/substance_abuse/facts/cannabis/en/Date accessed: July 8, 2017
- Cannabinoids for medical use: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2015; 313: 2456-2473
- Prevalence and types of sleep disturbances acutely after traumatic brain injury.Brain Inj. 2008; 22: 381-386
- Traumatic brain injury and sleep disorders.Neurol Clin. 2012; 30: 1299-1312
- Prevalence of chronic pain after traumatic brain injury: a systematic review.JAMA. 2008; 300: 711-719
- Chronic pain after spinal injury: interference with sleep and daily activities.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82: 1571-1577
- Introduction: semantic, epidemiologic, and educational issues.in: Casey K.L. Pain and central nervous system disease. Raven Press, New York1999: 13-29
- A database of self-reported secondary medical problems among VA spinal cord injury patients: its role in clinical care and management.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2002; 39: 53-61
- Epidemiology of spasticity following traumatic spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1990; 71: 566-569
- Cannabis effect on spasticity in spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1982; 63: 116-118
- Treatments for chronic pain in persons with spinal cord injury: a survey study.J Spinal Cord Med. 2006; 29: 109-117
- Characteristics of individuals with spinal cord injury who use cannabis for therapeutic purposes.Top Spinal Cord Inj Rehabil. 2016; 22: 3-12
- Examining the relationship between traumatic brain injury and substance use outcomes in the Canadian population.Subst Use Misuse. 2016; 51: 1577-1586
- Incidence, prevalence and epidemiology of spinal cord injury: what learns a worldwide literature survey?.Spinal Cord. 2006; 44: 523-529
- Irritability following traumatic brain injury.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1999; 187: 327-335
- Anger self-management in chronic traumatic brain injury: protocol for a psycho-educational treatment with a structurally equivalent control and an evaluation of treatment enactment.Contemp Clin Trials. 2015; 40: 180-192
The authors have no conflicts of interest.
Supported by a grant from the Craig Hospital Foundation. The hospital foundation staff had no role in the study design or decisions.