Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CMS (Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services), IMPACT Act (Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act of 2014), IRF-PAI (Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility – Patient Assessment Instrument), PAC (post–acute care)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Analysis of crosscutting Medicare functional status quality metrics using the Continuity and Assessment Record and Evaluation (CARE) item set—final report.(Available at:)https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/Post-Acute-Care-Quality-Initiatives/Functional-Measures-.html(Accessed February 1, 2017)Date: 2012
Improving Medicare Post-Acute Care Transformation Act of 2014. S. 2553. 2D ed2014.
- Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility Patient Assessment Instrument (IRF-PAI) training manual.Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation, Buffalo2001
- Medicare Program; Inpatient rehabilitation facility prospective payment system for federal fiscal year 2016. Final Rule. Federal Register.Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Dept of Health and Human Services, Wasington (DC)2016
- A review of stairway falls and stair negotiation: lessons learned and future needs to reduce injury.Gait Posture. 2016; 49: 159-167
- Prediction of institutionalization in the elderly: a systematic review.Age Ageing. 2010; 39: 31-38
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Nonfatal bathroom injuries among persons aged ≥15 years—United States, 2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 729-733
- Circumstances and outcomes of falls among high risk community-dwelling older adults.Inj Epidemiol. 2014; 1
- Ergonomic and safety risk factors in home health care: exploration and assessment of alternative interventions.Work. 2012; 42: 341-353
- Medicare post-acute care reforms.(Available at:)http://medpac.gov/docs/default-source/reports/jun17_ch1.pdf?sfvrsn=0Date accessed: July 2, 2017
Supported in part by the National Institutes of Health (grant nos. R24 HD065702, R01 HD069443) and the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research (grant no. H133G140127).