List of abbreviations:EHR (electronic health record), EQUADR (Exchanged Quality Data for Rehabilitation), PSO (patient safety organization)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Crossing the quality chasm: a new health system for the 21st century.National Academy Press, Washington (DC)2001
- First, do no harm. HHS' National Quality Strategy uses broad approach to communicate expectations to providers.Mod Healthc. 2011; 41: 6-7
- Better evidence to guide payment reforms: recognizing the importance of perspective.JAMA. 2017; 317: 805-806
- Quality of evidence underlying the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology/Heart Rhythm Society guidelines on the management of atrial fibrillation.JAMA Cardiol. 2017; 2: 319-323
- The ethics of using QI methods to improve health care quality and safety.Hastings Center, Garrison, NY2006
- The answer is 17 years, what is the question: understanding time lags in translational research.J R Soc Med. 2011; 104: 510-520
- Enhancing patient safety and quality of care by improving the usability of electronic health record systems: recommendations from AMIA.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2013; 20: e2-8
- Monitoring the building blocks of health systems: a handbook of indicators and their measurement strategies.World Health Organization Document Production Services, Geneva, Switzerland2010
- HIPAA administrative simplification: enforcement. Interim final rule; request for comments.Fed Regist. 2009; 74: 56123-56131
- Implementation and adoption of nationwide electronic health records in secondary care in England: qualitative analysis of interim results from a prospective national evaluation.BMJ. 2010; 341: c4564
- Electronic health records based phenotyping in next-generation clinical trials: a perspective from the NIH Health Care Systems Collaboratory.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2013; 20: e226-e231
- Launching PCORnet, a national patient-centered clinical research network.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2014; 21: 578-582
- Health services research in rehabilitation and disability—the time is now.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2018; 99: 198-203
- New patient safety organizations can help health providers learn from and reduce patient safety events.J Patient Saf. 2009; 5: 1-2
- Improving patient safety reporting with the common formats: common data representation for patient safety organizations.J Biomed Inform. 2016; 64: 116-121
- Framework for program evaluation in public health.MMWR Recomm Rep. 1999; 48: 1-58
- Occupational therapists' identification, assessment, and treatment of unilateral spatial neglect during stroke rehabilitation in Canada.Stroke. 2007; 38: 2556-2562
Study Performed: Carolinas Rehabilitation, Carolinas HealthCare System (Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation); Duke Health (Duke School of Medicine, Duke School of Nursing, Duke Regional Hospital)
Presented in part as an abstract at the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine, November 14, 2013, Orlando, Florida.
Published in Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2013;94:e53.
Supported in part by National Institutes of Health/National Institute of Nursing Research (grant no. P30NR014139); Carolinas HealthCare System Cannon Research Center; and Duke University School of Nursing. The contents of this article and conduct are solely the responsibility of the authors and do not necessarily represent the official views of the funding sources.