Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:GPA (grade point average), PCT (polytrauma clinical triad), PTSD (posttraumatic stress disorder), TBI (traumatic brain injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Documenting the needs of student veterans with disabilities: intersection roadblocks, solutions, and legal realities.J Postsecond Educ Disabil. 2009; 22: 36-42
- Understanding patterns of college outcomes among student veterans.Journal of Student Education. 2012; 2: 109-129
- Supporting the education goals of post 9/11 veterans with self-reported PTSD symptoms: a needs assessment.Psychiatr Rehabil J. 2012; 35: 209-218
- Student veteran perceptions of facilitators and barriers to achieving academic goals.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2015; 53: 701-712
- Preferences for rehabilitation services among women with major limb amputations.Rehabil Nurs J. 2013; 38: 32-36
- Prevalence of mental health problems and functional impairment among active component and National Guard soldiers 3 and 12 months following combat in Iraq.Arch Gen Psychiatr. 2010; 67: 614-623
- Mild traumatic brain injury and posttraumatic stress disorder in returning veterans: perspectives from cognitive neuroscience.Psychol Rev. 2009; 29: 674-684
- Mental health impact of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts: a review of U.S. research, service provision, and programmatic responses.Int Rev Psychiatr. 2011; 23: 144-152
- Returning veterans on campus with war related injuries and the long road back home.J Postsecond Educ Disabil. 2009; 22: 43-52
- Military service member and veteran reintegration: a conceptual analysis, unified definition, and key domains.Front Psychol. 2017; 8: 369
- Student service members/veterans in higher education: a systematic review.J Stud Aff Res Pract. 2014; 51: 30-42
- From soldier to student: easing the transition of service members on campus.(Available at:)Accessed May 12, 2010)
- Military service members and veterans in higher education: what the new GI Bill may mean for postsecondary institutions.(Available at:)http://www.acenet.edu/news-room/Pages/Military-Service-Members-and-Veterans-in-Higher-Education-What-the-New-GI-Bill-May-Mean-for-Postsecondary-Institutions-.aspx(Accessed June 20, 2010)Date: 2009
- From combat to campus: voices of student-veterans.NASPA Journal. 2008; 45: 73-102
- Veteran ally: practical strategies for closing the military-civilian gap on campus.Innovations in Higher Education. 2014; 39: 247-260
- Counseling adults in transition: linking theory with practice.2nd ed. Springer, New York1995
- Getting the most out of college.2nd ed. Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River2002
- Evaluation: a systematic approach.7th ed. Sage, Thousand Oaks2004
- Internet, mail, and mixed-mode surveys: the tailored design method.3rd ed. Wiley and Sons, Hoboken2009
- Veterans with disabilities in postsecondary education.J Postsecond Educ Disabil. 2009; 22: 10-17
Weathers F, Litz B, Herman D, Huska J, Keane T. The PTSD Checklist (PCL): reliability, validity, and diagnostic utility. Paper presented October 1993 at the 9th Annual Conference of the ISTSS in San Antonio, TX.
- National Center for PTSD: advancing science and promoting understanding of traumatic stress—Using the PTSD checklist (PCL).(Available at:)Accessed August 20, 2014)
- Symptom complaints following reports of blast versus non-blast mild TBI: does mechanism of injury matter?.Clin Neuropsychol. 2011; 25: 702-715
- Applications of methodologies of the Veterans Health Study in the VA healthcare system: conclusions and summary.J Ambul Care Manage. 2006; 29: 182-188
- The discovery of grounded theory.Weidenfeld & Nicolson, London1967
- Competing paradigms in qualitative research.Handbook of Qualitative Research. 1994; 2: 105
- Demographics 2009: profile of the Military Community.Department of Defense, Washington (DC)2009
- Prevalence of chronic pain, posttraumatic stress disorder, and persistent postconcussive symptoms in OIF/OEF veterans: polytrauma clinical triad.J Rehabil Res Dev. 2009; 46: 697-702
- Military service member and veteran reintegration: a critical review and adapted ecological model.Am J Orthopsychiatry. 2017; 87: 114-128
Supported by the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Veteran Student Services (UNC Charlotte IRB no. 13-12-30); and the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, College of Health and Human Services.
Publication of this article was supported by the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine.