Thank you for the constructive comments on our article, in which we evaluated the efficacy of intra-articular steroid injection and distension in patients with frozen shoulder.
- Lin M.T.
- Hsiao M.Y.
- Tu Y.K.
- Wang T.G.
Comparative efficacy of intra-articular steroid injection and distension in patients with frozen shoulder: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.
Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017 Sep 9; ([Epub ahead of print])
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Comparative efficacy of intra-articular steroid injection and distension in patients with frozen shoulder: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2017 Sep 9; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Treatment of adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder) with arthrographic capsular distension and rupture.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 75: 803-807
- Distention arthrography in the treatment of adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder.J Vasc Interv Radiol. 1994; 5: 305-308
- Adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder: the rate of manipulation following distension arthrogram.Rheumatol Int. 2006; 27: 7-9
- Shoulder distension arthrography in adhesive capsulitis.Clin Imaging. 2006; 30: 254-256
- Real-time pressure monitoring of intraarticular hydraulic distension for painful stiff shoulders.J Orthop Res. 2008; 26: 965-970
- Intra-articular pressure profiles of painful stiff shoulders compared with those of other conditions.PM R. 2009; 1: 297-307
- Capsule preservation improves short-term outcome of hydraulic distension in painful stiff shoulder.J Orthop Res. 2011; 29: 1688-1694
- Changes in biomechanical properties of glenohumeral joint capsules with adhesive capsulitis by repeated capsule-preserving hydraulic distensions with saline solution and corticosteroid.PM R. 2012; 4: 976-984
- Relationships between capsular stiffness and clinical features in adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder.PM R. 2015; 7: 1226-1234
© 2017 by the American Congress of Rehabilitation Medicine
ScienceDirectAccess this article on ScienceDirect
- Comparative Efficacy of Intra-Articular Steroid Injection and Distension in Patients With Frozen Shoulder: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-AnalysisArchives of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationVol. 99Issue 2
- PreviewWe read with great interest the recent article by Lin et al.1 The authors examined the efficacy of intra-articular steroid injection and distension in treating patients with frozen shoulder by performing both pairwise meta-analysis and network meta-analysis. They found that distension yielded better external rotation (ER) improvement at medium term and had similar effects on shoulder-function improvement and pain reduction as intra-articular steroid injection. We appreciate the authors' great work on this topic, and we have some comments about this study.