- •Medical safety huddles are a novel strategy to engage rehabilitation physicians.
- •Huddles increase situational awareness of anticipated safety issues.
- •Huddles supplement preexisting patient safety strategies with the medical perspective.
Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), TRI (Toronto Rehabilitation Institute), UHN (University Health Network)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Conceptual Framework for the International Classification for Patient Safety. Version 1.1.(Available at:)Accessed March 25, 2017)
- Department of Health and Human Services: adverse events in rehabilitation hospitals: national incidence among Medicare beneficiaries.Department of Health and Human Services, Washington2016
- Huddle up!.Health Care Manage Rev. 2015; 40: 286-299
- Implementing huddles improves care coordination in an academic health center.Prof Case Manag. 2017; 22: 29-35
- Safety huddles to proactively identify and address electronic health record safety.J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2016; 24: 261-267
- Engaging physicians in a shared quality agenda.(Available at:)Accessed March 25, 2017)
- Canadian incident analysis framework.(Available at:)www.patientsafetyinstitute.ca(Accessed March 25, 2017)Date: 2012
- The elephant of patient safety: what you see depends on how you look.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2010; 36: 399-401
- The top patient safety strategies that can be encouraged for adoption now.Ann Intern Med. 2012; 158: 2011-2012