- •It is not known to what extent physical function after total knee replacement may differ between China and the United States.
- •Despite having worse physical function before total knee replacement, the China group had greater gains in walking endurance and similar gains in repeated chair stands than did the U.S. group after surgery.
List of abbreviations:BMI (body mass index), CI (confidence interval), OA (osteoarthritis), TKR (total knee replacement)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy rehabilitation after total knee or hip replacement: an evidence-based analysis.Ont Health Technol Assess Ser. 2005; 5: 1-91
- Direct and indirect costs of osteoarthritis in Singapore: a comparative study among multiethnic Asian patients with osteoarthritis.J Rheumatol. 2007; 34: 165-171
- Early rehabilitation after total knee replacement surgery: a multicenter, noninferiority, randomized clinical trial comparing a home exercise program with usual outpatient care.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2015; 67: 196-202
- OARSI recommended performance-based tests to assess physical function in people diagnosed with hip or knee osteoarthritis.Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2013; 21: 1042-1052
- Recommended performance-based tests to assess physical function in people with diagnosed hip or knee osteoarthritis.(Available at:)Accessed September 2, 2017)
- Assessing stability and change of four performance measures: a longitudinal study evaluating outcome following total hip and knee arthroplasty.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2005; 6: 3
- An investigation of the validity of six measures of physical function in people awaiting joint replacement surgery of the hip or knee.Clin Rehabil. 2012; 26: 945-951
- Outcomes of total hip and knee replacement: preoperative functional status predicts outcomes at six months after surgery.Arthritis Rheum. 1999; 42: 1722-1728
- Body mass index and functional mobility outcome following early rehabilitation after a total knee replacement: a retrospective study in Taiwan.Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2015; 67: 799-808
- Why have physical activity levels declined among Chinese adults? Findings from the 1991-2006 China Health and Nutrition Surveys.Soc Sci Med. 2009; 68: 1305-1314
Supported by the National Institutes of Health (grant nos. NIH AR47785, NIH U54 GM104941, and K12 HD055931).