Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CI (confidence interval), EMR (electronic medical record), ITT (intention-to-treat), LESS (Lumbar Epidural steroid injections for Spinal Stenosis), RDQ (Roland-Morris Disability Questionnaire)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Treatment of lumbar spinal stenosis: a balancing act.Spine J. 2010; 10: 625-627
- Surgical and nonsurgical management of lumbar spinal stenosis: four-year outcomes from the maine lumbar spine study.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25: 556-562
- Trends, major medical complications, and charges associated with surgery for lumbar spinal stenosis in older adults.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1259-1265
- Epidural steroid injections for lumbar spinal stenosis.Curr Rev Musculoskelet Med. 2008; 1: 32-38
- A randomized trial of epidural glucocorticoid injections for spinal stenosis.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371: 11-21
- Epidural injections for spinal pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis evaluating the “control” injections in randomized controlled trials.Anesthesiology. 2013; 119: 907-931
- Epidural steroids: a comprehensive, evidence-based review.Reg Anesth Pain Med. 2013; 38: 175-200
- Is epidural steroid injection effective for degenerative lumbar spinal stenosis?.Medwave. 2015; : e6315
- Epidural corticosteroid injections for radiculopathy and spinal stenosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Ann Intern Med. 2015; 163: 373-381
- Epidural steroid not better than placebo injection for sciatica and spinal stenosis pain and function.Am Fam Physician. 2016; 93: 315-316
- Steroid for epidural injection in spinal stenosis: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Drug Des Devel Ther. 2015; 9: 707-716
- Study protocol- Lumbar Epidural steroid injections for Spinal Stenosis (LESS): a double-blind randomized controlled trial of epidural steroid injections for lumbar spinal stenosis among older adults.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2012; 13: 48
- A study of the natural history of back pain. Part I: development of a reliable and sensitive measure of disability in low-back pain.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1983; 8: 141-144
- A minimal clinically important difference was derived for the Roland-Morris Disability Questionnaire for low back pain.J Clin Epidemiol. 2006; 59: 45-52
- Responsiveness and minimal clinically important difference for pain and disability instruments in low back pain patients.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2006; 7: 82
- Indications for spine surgery: validation of an administrative coding algorithm to classify degenerative diagnoses.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2014; 39: 769-779
- The natural history of lumbar degenerative spinal stenosis.Joint Bone Spine. 2002; 69: 450-457
- Prediction of long-term clinical outcome in patients with lumbar spinal stenosis.Eur Spine J. 2012; 21: 2611-2619
- Influence of lumbar epidural injection volume on pain relief for radicular leg pain and/or low back pain.Spine J. 2009; 9: 509-517
Supported by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (award nos. 1R01HS019222-01 and 1R01HS022972-01) and the Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (contract no. CE- 12-11- 4469).
Clinical Trial Registration No.: NCT01238536.