Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:CBT (Cognitive behavioral therapy), CCT (Computerized cognitive training), CI (Confidence interval), HADS-D (Hospital Anxiety and Depression Scale-depression subscale)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Part I: frequency of depression after stroke: an updated systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies.Int J Stroke. 2014; 9: 1017-1025
- The long-term outcomes of depression up to 10 years after stroke; the South London Stroke Register.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2013; 85: 514-521
- Antidepressants for depressed elderly.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2006; : CD003491
- A study of the safety and harms of antidepressant drugs for older people: a cohort study using a large primary care database.Health Technol Assess. 2011; 15 (iii-iv): 1-202
- Determinants and consequences of post-stroke depression.Curr Opin Neurol. 2002; 15: 85-89
- Management of depression after stroke: a systematic review of pharmacological therapies.Stroke. 2005; 36: 1098-1103
- Prevention of depression in chronic medical disorders: a pilot study.Psychol Rep. 1988; 82: 735-738
- Post-stroke depression: the case for augmented, individually tailored cognitive behavioural therapy.Clin Psychol Psychother. 2011; 18: 202-217
- Interventions for treating depression after stroke.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2008; : CD003437
- Cognitive behavioral psychotherapy for depression following stroke: a randomized controlled trial.Stroke. 2003; 34: 111-115
- Anxiety and depression in the first six months after stroke. A longitudinal multicentre study.Disabil Rehabil. 2008; 30: 1858-1866
- A long-term follow-up of stroke patients.Stroke. 1997; 28: 507-512
- Cognitive-behavioural intervention for depression after stroke: five single case studies on effects and feasibility.Neuropsychol Rehabil. 2009; 19: 208-222
- An augmented cognitive behavioural therapy for treating post-stroke depression: description of a treatment protocol.Clin Rehabil. 2014; 29: 833-843
- The effectiveness of an augmented cognitive behavioural intervention for post-stroke depression with or without anxiety (PSDA): the Restore4Stroke-PSDA trial.BMC Neurol. 2012; 12: 51
- The hospital anxiety and depression scale.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 1983; 67: 361-370
- Validity of the beck depression inventory, hospital anxiety and depression scale, SCL-90, and hamilton depression rating scale as screening instruments for depression in stroke patients.Psychosomatics. 2002; 43: 386-393
- “Mini-mental state”. A practical method for grading the cognitive state of patients for the clinician.J Psychiatr Res. 1975; 12: 189-198
- The modified National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale: its time has come.Int J Stroke. 2009; 4: 267-273
- The Barthel ADL Index: a reliability study.Int Disabil Stud. 1988; 10: 61-63
- Occupations of older adults: a cross cultural description.OTJR (Thorofare N J). 2011; 31: 182-192
van Erp J. Relaxation exercises (ontspanningsoefeningen; bodyscan, aandacht voor uw lichaam). De hart&vaatgroep; 2010.
- Neuropsychotherapy and community integration; brain illness, emotions and behaviour.Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York1999
- Effects of a multifaceted treatment program for executive dysfunction after acquired brain injury on indications of executive functioning in daily life.J Int Neuropsychol Soc. 2010; 16: 118-129
- The stroke impact scale version 2.0. Evaluation of reliability, validity, and sensitivity to change.Stroke. 1999; 30: 2131-2140
- Comorbidity in post-stroke rehabilitation.Eur J Neurol. 2003; 10: 235-238
- The Post-Stroke Depression Rating Scale: a test specifically devised to investigate affective disorders of stroke patients.J Clin Exp Neuropsychol. 1997; 19: 340-356
- [Measuring proactive coping. Psychometric characteristics of the Utrecht Proactive Coping Competence scale (UPCC)] [Dutch].Psychol Gezond. 2008; 36: 81-91
- Development and validation of a short version of the Stroke Specific Quality of Life Scale.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2011; 82: 283-286
- Validity of the utrecht scale for evaluation of rehabilitation-participation.Disabil Rehabil. 2012; 34: 478-485
- Recovery of life satisfaction in persons with spinal cord injury during inpatient rehabilitation.Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2009; 88: 887-895
- Efficient designs for cluster randomized trials with small numbers of clusters; stepped wedge and other repeated measurements designs [dissertation].Radboud University Medical Centre, Nijmegen2014
- Evaluation of cognitive behavioural treatment for depression after stroke: a pilot study.Clin Rehabil. 1997; 11: 114-122
- Acute phase factors associated with the course of depression during the first 18 months after first-ever stroke.Disabil Rehabil. 2015; 38: 30-35
- Quality of life during the first two years post stroke: The Restore4Stroke Cohort Study.Cerebrovasc Dis. 2016; 41: 19-26
- Can computerized working memory training improve impaired working memory, cognition and psychological health?.Brain Inj. 2013; 27: 1649-1657
- Does the frequency of participation change after stroke and is this change associated with the subjective experience of participation?.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015; 96: 456-463
- Factors affecting recruitment into depression trials: systematic review, meta-synthesis and conceptual framework.J Affect Disord. 2015; 172: 274-290
Supported by The Netherlands organization for health research and development, ZonMw (grant no. 89000004).
Dutch Trial Register Clinical Trial Registration No.: NTR2999.
Disclosures: A.C.H.G. declares financial relationships with Ipsen and Merz outside the submitted work. The other authors have nothing to disclose.