Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular disease and spinal cord injury: results from a national population health survey.Neurology. 2013; 81: 723-728
- Spinal Cord Injury Model Systems: 2014 annual report complete public version.2015 (Available at:)https://www.nscisc.uab.edu/PublicDocuments/reports/pdf/2014%20NSCISC%20Annual%20Statistical%20Report%20Complete%20Public%20Version.pdf(Accessed July 10, 2016)
- Secondary health conditions in individuals aging with SCI: terminology, concepts and analytic approaches.Spinal Cord. 2012; 50: 373-378
- Risk of death after hospital discharge with traumatic spinal cord injury: a population-based analysis, 1998-2009.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013; 94: 1054-1061
- Reducing cardiometabolic disease in spinal cord injury.Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am. 2014; 25 (viii): 573-604
- Cardiac stress testing with thallium-201 imaging reveals silent ischemia in individuals with paraplegia.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 1994; 75: 946-950
- Exercise responses and quadriplegia.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1993; 25: 433-441
- The relationship between neurological level of injury and symptomatic cardiovascular disease risk in the aging spinal injured.Spinal Cord. 2001; 39: 310-317
- The effect of residual neurological deficit on serum lipoproteins in individuals with chronic spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 1998; 36: 13-17
- Disorders of carbohydrate and lipid metabolism in veterans with paraplegia or quadriplegia: a model of premature aging.Metab Clin Exp. 1994; 43: 749-756
- Metabolic changes in persons after spinal cord injury.Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am. 2000; 11: 109-140
- Metabolic and endocrine changes in persons aging with spinal cord injury.Assist Technol. 1999; 11: 88-96
- Inflammatory C-reactive protein and cytokine levels in asymptomatic people with chronic spinal cord injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 86: 312-317
- Lowering body mass index cutoffs better identifies obese persons with spinal cord injury.Spinal Cord. 2009; 47: 757-762
- Associations between serum lipids and indicators of adiposity in men with spinal cord injury.Paraplegia. 1995; 33: 102-109
- Reversal of adaptive left ventricular atrophy following electrically-stimulated exercise training in human tetraplegics.Paraplegia. 1991; 29: 590-599
- Evidence for an exaggerated postprandial lipemia in chronic paraplegia.J Spinal Cord Med. 2005; 28: 320-325
- High density lipoprotein cholesterol in individuals with spinal cord injury: the potential role of physical activity.Spinal Cord. 1999; 37: 685-695
- Body mass index underestimates adiposity in women with spinal cord injury.Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013; 21: 1223-1225
- The serum lipoprotein profile in veterans with paraplegia: the relationship to nutritional factors and body mass index.J Am Paraplegia Soc. 1992; 15: 158-162
- Serum lipid concentrations among persons with spinal cord injury - a systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature.Atherosclerosis. 2014; 232: 305-312
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, National Institutes of Health, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. JNC 7 Express. The Seventh Report on the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. Available at: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/files/docs/guidelines/express.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2016.
- American Diabetes Association. Standards of medical care in diabetes–2016.Diabetes Care. 2016; 39: 1-119
- A retrospective chart review of heart rate and blood pressure abnormalities in veterans with spinal cord injury.J Spinal Cord Med. 2013; 36: 463-475
- Use of screening and preventive services among women with disabilities.Am J Med Qual. 2001; 16: 135-144
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Quitting smoking. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/cessation/quitting/. Accessed July 10, 2016.
- Adults with disabilities.2014 (Available at:)Accessed July 10, 2016)
- Exercise Recommendations and Considerations for Persons With Spinal Cord Injury.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015; 96: 1749-1750