Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:6-MWT (6-minute walk test), AC (attention control), ET (exercise training), HF (heart failure), HFpEF (heart failure with preserved ejection fraction), HFrEF (heart failure with reduced ejection fraction), V˙o2peak (peak oxygen uptake), VT (ventilatory threshold)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Determinants of exercise intolerance in elderly heart failure patients with preserved ejection fraction.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011; 58: 265-274
- Effect of endurance exercise training on endothelial function and arterial stiffness in older patients with heart failure and preserved ejection fraction: a randomized, controlled, single-blind trial.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013; 62: 584-592
- 6-min walk test provides prognostic utility comparable to cardiopulmonary exercise testing in ambulatory outpatients with systolic heart failure.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2012; 60: 2653-2661
- A multidisciplinary intervention to prevent the readmission of elderly patients with congestive heart failure.N Engl J Med. 1995; 333: 1190-1195
- Exercise training in older patients with heart failure and preserved ejection fraction/clinical perspective.Circ Heart Fail. 2010; 3: 659-667
- The relationship of a 6-min walk to VO(2 peak) and VT in older heart failure patients.Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2006; 38: 1047-1053
- Use of the 6-minute walk test for women with diastolic heart failure.J Cardiopulm Rehabil. 2004; 24: 264-268
- Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: a heterogenous disorder with multifactorial pathophysiology.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014; 63: 457-459
- Oxygen uptake efficiency slope: a new index of cardiorespiratory functional reserve derived from the relation between oxygen uptake and minute ventilation during incremental exercise.J Am Coll Cardiol. 1996; 28: 1567-1572
- Reproducibility of cardiopulmonary exercise testing in elderly patients with congestive heart failure.Am J Cardiol. 1998; 82: 905-909
Supported by the National Institutes of Health (grant nos. R01AG18915, P30AG021332, R01HL093713, R01AG020583).
Clinical Trial Registration No.: NCT00959660.