- •Custom-molded lumbar-sacral orthoses could be effective in slowing down the progression rate of adult scoliosis.
- •Tolerance of the brace was good.
- •Bracing represents an interesting treatment option and an alternative to surgery.
Main Outcome Measure
- Adult lumbar scoliosis: underreported on lumbar MR scans.AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2010; 31: 832-837
- Adult scoliosis: a health assessment analysis by SF-36.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2003; 28: 602-606
- The adult scoliosis.Eur Spine J. 2005; 14: 925-948
- Natural history of progressive adult scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2007; 32: 1227-1234
- Results of surgical treatment of painful adult scoliosis.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 1994; 19: 1619-1627
- Comparison of surgical and conservative treatment for degenerative lumbar scoliosis.Arch Orthop Trauma Surg. 2009; 129: 1-5
- Brace treatment of spinal claudication in an adult with lumbar scoliosis–a case report.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2006; 123: 586-589
- First results of pain treatment in scoliosis patients using a sagittal realignment brace.Stud Health Technol Inform. 2006; 123: 582-585
- Measurement of scoliosis and kyphosis radiographs. Intraobserver and interobserver variation.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1990; 72: 328-333
- Effects of bracing in adolescents with idiopathic scoliosis.N Engl J Med. 2013; 369: 1512-1521
- Mechanisms of action of lumbar supports: a systematic review.Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2000; 25: 2103-2113