Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:BMI (body mass index), CI (confidence interval), COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease), HHD (handheld dynamometer), ICC (intraclass correlation coefficient), SPPB (Short Physical Performance Battery)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Development of disability in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: beyond lung function.Thorax. 2011; 66: 108-114
- Peripheral muscle strength training in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a systematic review.Chest. 2004; 126: 903-914
- Validity and reliability of the Short Physical Performance Battery in two diverse older adult populations in Quebec and Brazil.J Aging Health. 2012; 24: 863-878
Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease. Global strategy for the diagnosis, management, and prevention of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. 2015. Available at: http://goldcopd.org/gold-reports/. Accessed March 17, 2016.
- Interrater reliability of hand-held dynamometry.Phys Ther. 1987; 67: 931-933
- Test-retest reliability of the five-repetition sit-to-stand test: a systematic review of the literature involving adults.J Strength Cond Res. 2011; 25: 3205-3207
- The five-repetition sit-to-stand test as a functional outcome measure in COPD.Thorax. 2013; 68: 1015-1020
- Measuring muscle strength for people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: retest reliability of hand-held dynamometry.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88: 32-36
- Statistical methodology for the concurrent assessment of interrater and intrarater reliability: using goniometric measurements as an example.Phys Ther. 1994; 74: 777-788
- The development of a comorbidity index with physical function as the outcome.J Clin Epidemiol. 2005; 58: 595-602
Disclosures: All authors had editorial and writing assistance provided by Medical Manager of AstraZeneca Pharmaceutical Spain S.A, Pfizer, and Menarini.