Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:ED (emergency department), RN (registered nurse), SLP (speech-language pathologist), SST (swallowing screening tool), VFSS (videofluoroscopic swallowing study)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Validation of a dysphagia screening tool in acute stroke patients.Am J Crit Care. 2010; 19: 357-364
- The Toronto Bedside Swallowing Screening Test (TOR-BSST): development and validation of a dysphagia screening tool for patients with stroke.Stroke. 2009; 40: 555-561
- Comparing accuracy of the Yale swallow protocol when administered by registered nurses and speech-language pathologists.J Clin Nurs. 2013; 23: 1908-1915
- Rapid Aspiration Screening for Suspected Stroke: part 1: development and validation.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 97: 1440-1448
- Speech pathology reliability for stroke swallowing screening items.Dysphagia. 2015; 30: 565-570
- Creating a swallow screening program at Mass General Hospital: a model for development and implementation.Perspect Swal Swal Disord (Dysph). 2009; 18: 123-128
- Triaging dysphagia: nurse screening for dysphagia in an acute hospital.J Clin Nurs. 2009; 18: 1649-1659
- Using medical mannequins to train nurses in stroke swallowing screening.Dysphagia. 2016; 31: 104-110
- Implementation of stroke dysphagia screening in the emergency department.Nurs Res Pract. 2013; 2013: 304190
Supported by a Merit Award (award no. 1I0RX00121) from the Rehabilitation Research and Development of the Veterans Affairs Office of Research and Development Service. The views expressed in this article are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Veterans Affairs or the University of Texas School of Public Health.
Disclosures: S.P., J.C.R., R.O.M., and S.K.D. received salary support from the Merit Award (award no. 1I0RX00121) from the Rehabilitation Research and Development of the Veterans Affairs Office of Research and Development Service. J.A.A. has nothing to disclose.