Main Outcome Measure
List of abbreviations:CRS-R (Coma Recovery Scale-Revised), DOC (disorder of consciousness), EMCS (emerged from minimally conscious state), MCS (minimally conscious state), VS (vegetative state)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Unresponsive wakefulness syndrome: a new name for the vegetative state or apallic syndrome.BMC Med. 2010; 8: 68
- Medical aspects of the persistent vegetative state (1). The Multi-Society Task Force on PVS.N Engl J Med. 1994; 330: 1499-1508
- The minimally conscious state: definition and diagnostic criteria.Neurology. 2002; 58: 349-353
- Diagnostic accuracy of the vegetative and minimally conscious state: clinical consensus versus standardized neurobehavioral assessment.BMC Neurol. 2009; 9: 35
- Quantitative rates of brain glucose metabolism distinguish minimally conscious from vegetative state patients.J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2015; 35: 58-65
- The JFK Coma Recovery Scale-Revised: measurement characteristics and diagnostic utility.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 85: 2020-2029
- Assessment scales for disorders of consciousness: evidence-based recommendations for clinical practice and research.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2010; 91: 1795-1813
- Sensitivity and specificity of the Coma Recovery Scale-Revised total score in detection of conscious awareness.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2016; 97: 490-492.e1
- Can we scientifically and reliably measure the level of consciousness in vegetative and minimally conscious States? Rasch analysis of the coma recovery scale-revised.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2013; 94: 527-535.e1
- Coma Recovery Scale-Revised: evidentiary support for hierarchical grading of level of consciousness.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2014; 95: 2335-2341
- On the generalized distance in statistics.Proceedings of the National Institute of Science of India. 1936; 12: 49-55
- A French validation study of the Coma Recovery Scale-Revised (CRS-R).Brain Inj. 2008; 22: 786-792
- Reliability and diagnostic characteristics of the JFK coma recovery scale-revised: exploring the influence of rater's level of experience.J Head Trauma Rehabil. 2010; 25: 349-356
Supported by the National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research , Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Community Living (grant no. 90DP0039-01-00 ); The James S. McDonnell Foundation ; Harvard Catalyst | The Harvard Clinical and Translational Science Center ( National Center for Research Resources and the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences , National Institutes of Health award no. UL1 TR001102); financial contributions from Harvard University and its affiliated academic health care centers; The Belgian American Educational Foundation; Wallonie Bruxelles International Concerted Research Action; Belgian Funds for Scientific Research, European Commission; and the European Foundation for Biomedical Research.
The content is solely the responsibility of the authors and does not necessarily represent the official views of the funders.