Main Outcome Measure
List of abbreviations:GROC (Global Rating of Change Scale), QDASH (Quick Disabilities of the Arm, Shoulder, and Hand), UE (upper extremity)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Non-attendance in primary care: the views of patients and practices on its causes, impact and solutions.Fam Pract. 2005; 22: 638-643
- Facilitating treatment adherence.Plenum Pr, New York1987
- The evidence on ways to improve patient's adherence in hand therapy.J Hand Ther. 2012; 25: 247-250
- Adherence to long-term therapies: evidence for action.World Health Organization, Geneva2003
- Compliance with hand rehabilitation: health beliefs and strategies.J Hand Ther. 1995; 8: 18-22
- Does hand therapy literature incorporate the holistic view of health and function promoted by the World Health Organization?.J Hand Ther. 2011; 24 (quiz 88): 84-87
- Development of the QuickDASH: comparison of three item-reduction approaches.J Hand Surg [Am]. 2005; 87: 1038-1046
- Global rating of change scales: a review of strengths and weaknesses and considerations for design.J Man Manip Ther. 2009; 17: 163-170
- The shortened disabilities of the arm, shoulder and hand questionnaire (QuickDASH): validity and reliability based on responses within the full-length DASH.BMC Musculoskelet Disord. 2006; 7: 44
- Interpretation of change scores in ordinal clinical scales and health status measures: the whole may not equal the sum of the parts.J Clin Epidemiol. 1996; 49: 711-717
- Qualitative inquiry & research design: choosing among five approaches.3rd ed. SAGE, Lincoln2013
- Psychological research as the phenomenologist views it.in: Valle R. King M. Existential phenomenological alternatives in psychology. Oxford Univ Pr, New York1978: 48-71
- Patient experience of distraction splinting for complex finger fracture dislocations.J Hand Ther. 2010; 23 (quiz 260): 249-259
- Motivational interviewing.Guilford Pr, New York1999
- Correlates of exercise compliance in physical therapy.Phys Ther. 1993; 73 (discussion 778-81): 771-782
- Communication skills of health-care professionals working in oncology–can they be improved?.Eur J Oncol Nurs. 2008; 12: 4-13
- Field guide to the difficult patient interview.BMJ. 1999; 319: 792
- Integrating patient values into evidence-based practice: effective communication for shared decision-making.Hand Clin. 2009; 25 (vii): 83-96
This study fulfilled part of the degree requirements for Smith-Forbes.
The views expressed herein are those of the authors and do not reflect the official policy or position of Brooke Army Medical Center, the U.S. Army Medical Department, the U.S. Army Office of the Surgeon General, the Department of the Army, the Department of Defense, or the U.S. Government.