Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:IMT (intima-media thickness), SCI (spinal cord injury)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular disease and spinal cord injury: results from a national population health survey.Neurology. 2013; 81: 723-728
- Carotid intima-media thickness is increased in patients with spinal cord injury independent of traditional cardiovascular risk factors.Atherosclerosis. 2009; 202: 29-31
- Arterial structure and function in physically active persons with spinal cord injury.J Rehabil Med. 2008; 40: 535-538
- Physical activity is associated with improved subclinical atherosclerosis in spinal cord injury subjects independent of variation in traditional risk factors.Int J Cardiol. 2013; 167: 592-593
- Oxidized low-density lipoprotein, matrix-metalloproteinase-8 and carotid atherosclerosis in spinal cord injured subjects.Atherosclerosis. 2013; 231: 341-345
- Executive Summary of The Third Report of The National Cholesterol Education Program (NCEP) Expert Panel on Detection, Evaluation, And Treatment of High Blood Cholesterol In Adults (Adult Treatment Panel III).JAMA. 2001; 285: 2486-2497
- Sodium intake is associated with carotid artery structure alterations and plasma matrix metalloproteinase-9 upregulation in hypertensive adults.J Nutr. 2011; 141: 877-882
- Relationship between serum uric acid and internal carotid resistive index in hypertensive women: a cross-sectional study.BMC Cardiovasc Disord. 2012; 12: 52
- Carotid-wall intima-media thickness and cardiovascular events.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 213-221
- Following the physical activity guidelines for adults with spinal cord injury for 16 weeks does not improve vascular health: a randomized controlled trial.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2015; 96: 1566-1575
Supported by the Brazilian National Council for Scientific and Technological Development (grant nos. 476909/2012-0 and 304245/2013-5), Brazil.