Main Outcome Measures
List of abbreviations:EDSS (Expanded Disability Status Scale), MS (multiple sclerosis), SSST (Six-Spot Step Test), TUG (timed Up and Go), T25FW (timed 25-foot walk), 2MWT (2-minute walk test)
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- The six spot step test: a new measurement for walking ability in multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 2006; 12: 495-500
- Changes in cognition, arm function and lower body function after slow-release Fampridine treatment.Mult Scler. 2014; 20: 1872-1880
- A comparison of 12 weeks of pilates and aquatic training on the dynamic balance of women with multiple sclerosis.Int J Prev Med. 2013; 4: S110-S117
- Responsiveness of walking-based outcome measures after multiple sclerosis relapses following steroid pulses.Med Sci Monit. 2011; 17: CR704-CR710
- Validation of the “Six Spot Step Test” for gait among patients with multiple sclerosis in Brazil.Arq Neuropsiquiatr. 2010; 68: 198-204
- Further validation of the Six-Spot Step Test as a measure of ambulation in multiple sclerosis.Gait Posture. 2015; 41: 222-227
- Correlation analysis of visual analogue scale and measures of walking ability in multiple sclerosis patients.Acta Neurol Belg. 2013; 113: 397-402
- Relationship between balance and gait stability in healthy older adults.J Aging Phys Act. 2004; 12: 90-100
- Gait changes in older adults: predictors of falls or indicators of fear?.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1997; 45: 313-332
- The relationship between fear of falling to spatiotemporal gait parameters measured by an instrumented treadmill in people with multiple sclerosis.Gait Posture. 2014; 39: 739-744
- Longitudinal assessment of neuropsychological and temporal/spatial gait characteristics of elderly fallers: taking it all in stride.Front Aging Neurosci. 2015; 7: 34
- Description of spatio-temporal gait parameters in elderly people and their association with history of falls: results of the population-based cross-sectional KORA-Age study.BMC Geriatr. 2015; 15: 32
- Diagnostic criteria for multiple sclerosis: 2005 revisions to the “McDonald Criteria”.Ann Neurol. 2005; 58: 840-846
- Recommendations from the National Multiple Sclerosis Society Clinical Outcome Assessment Task Force.Ann Neurol. 1997; 42: 379-382
- Assessing walking disability in multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 2012; 18: 914-924
- The reliability of the MFSC and its components.Acta Neurol Scand. 2008; 117: 421-427
- The Timed “Up & Go”: a test of basic functional mobility for frail elderly persons.J Am Geriatr Soc. 1991; 32: 142-148
- Clinical relevance using timed walk tests and ‘timed up and go’ testing in persons with multiple sclerosis.Physiother Res Int. 2007; 12: 105-114
- Validity of six balance disorders scales in persons with multiple sclerosis.Disabil Rehabil. 2006; 28: 789-795
- Comparison of the 2- and 6-minute walk test in multiple sclerosis.Mult Scler. 2011; 17: 1269-1272
- Evaluation of the six-minute walk in multiple sclerosis subjects and healthy controls.Mult Scler. 2008; 14: 383-390
- Evaluating walking in patients with multiple sclerosis. Which tools are useful in clinical practice?.Int J MS Care. 2011; 13: 4-14
Supported by a National Multiple Sclerosis Society Research Grant.
The funding source had no role in the study design, collection, analysis, interpretation, or writing of this report.
Disclosures: Zackowski reports grants from Sun Pharmaceuticals and Acorda Therapeutics that are outside the submitted work. The other authors have nothing to disclose.